Happy Memories (Negativity Free)

Krystal

First Post
You know she's dead? And no one seemed to care.

:cries:

By the way, I'm mad at you, you know how many times I've tried to email you and keep in touch because I couldn't remember your other sn's?? Hmm? :pouts: Drop me a line sometime, you practically dropped off the face of the earth for all I knew. I STILL have some of your emails, dangit!

~Krys

W

WizO_Reesa

Ah, the memories.

Having been on this site for some 5 years now, I have seen many great things. I love the site and will sometimes just hop on for the sake of doing something with a non-WizO character I have. I'll post some of the things I've seen over the years, some of my memories....

When I first came upon this site, I was brand new to D&D. I had only just begun gaming and was still learning the ropes as far as rules went. The only "world" I knew at the time was Krynn from reading Dragonlance. My very first step into the online role-playing world was with an elven ranger in the CRT. I wasn't sure what to do, so I watched the room and the people. Eventually some started talking to me. I had a storyline with a character, a bunch of friends. One thing I remember most about playing my character in that day was that people would greet you when you came into the CRT. (It reminded me of Cheers, where you'd enter and people would wave, call out, greet you. :) ) It was a friendly place.

Then, in my offline game world my character died (speared by a charging elephant.. good learning experience. :sad: ) and so I made up a red-robed mage of Krynn. This character has advanced over the years but when she was a red-robe, one of the first people I had met on site was Krystal. I believe Dontella was in there as well, and a drow red-robe who's name always elludes me.

This storyline I managed to get into was with a friend of mine who knew I played the elven ranger (she still lives on site ;) ) and we started talking. Actually.. the story backs up a little... I had talked to a friend of mine and told him I wanted to turn my mage into someone "pure", a mage of the white robes. So, he DM'd a test of the Tower of High Sorcery for me. I was able to bring along a friend of mine - Natalie- for the test. I had others in the room, watching (I even believe it was done on the Wizards site, if memory recalls..hmmm).. it was incredible fun. My character passed the test and became a mage of the robes of white. Well.. after this my friend approached me (this was the one who had played another elven ranger.. hiding names to protect identities heh) and we were talking in character one day and he asked my mage to teach him a couple spells. So, I played out that she was training him to cast magic.

The funniest thing in this was that my character, offline, was only a 4th level mage. She really wasn't able to teach magic, but I had her showing this guy the spells in her spell book (my book offline heh) and one day I get a PM from someone who was this ranger's DM. He wanted to know my level and if I would play along in this storyline. I told him I would, and when he learned my level he laughed and told me that my character and this ranger are now connected. I would have to teach him a spell, every day, until my spell book knowledge was expired. At that point, I would be granted a wish as payment for playing along.

If we did not meet at a certain time, which often was the case, the two characters would suffer a headache. I went by time frame. If he was to be on site at 5pm and 5:15 he hadn't shown, my character would have a headache. The later he was, the worse off she was. Finally he'd appear and the lesson would be taught and that was that. :) Well.. the DM of my friend had me doing things like making him cluck like a chicken, think like a rabit, whatever. He'd PM me a note and tell me to have my friend do this. (He was forced to answer my character's desire. He couldn't fight against it - his DM's rule.) It was such a laugh and all involved would wind up laughing about it after, or on the pagers or what have you. At the end of all this, I gained my wish. I made it without really knowing what a wish spell was. It was a bit more than I bargained for heh, but it wound up being a source of amusement for many years. I still play her from time to time, but she's definitely evolved from that little mage from my first days.

Whew... still reading? Okay.. let's see..

As Reesa, well I have loved the times where Nevine has ordered my character around and she's dumped something on him. :) He's such a great sport and goes along with my fun. :)

I've had a character learn how to use her mind for telepathy, read the future, and so forth. I had such a great time with her, but issues with characters and players near her had caused me to be forced to stop playing her. It was great fun having her learn new aspects, and the one I had played with was an excellent role-player and a lot of fun. Sadly, that fun time had to end. :(

Let's see... what else...
Oh..another of my favourite times were some of my in character dances. The very first one I did a couple years back during Uncon was the masquerade party that turned into a murder mystery (Who killed Bard Salvatore) when R.A Salvatore came onto the chat site as a guest and played in our chat room. That was when Durst (My mentor) had been killed and Reesa went nuts with anguish. He was her friend, her companion, and she cared for him deeply. She missed him greatly when he departed.

The IC Dance in the summer a couple years back, with the gnomish invention of the dunk tank. That event started the relationship with Raven and Reesa, and was a source of entertainment for so many. I think it was one of the best played dances. (hmm.. I think we need another thing like that hey?)

The War of the Marshals - back when everyone was fighting everyone else. Sketch and Khelos had a battle, Bailey and Khelos went to search for an artifact for Zugran, Reesa got involved and went after Zugran - only to learn how powerful liches are and meeting her death, she came back and lost her friend Sketch (who sailed away on The Crystal Twilight never to return).... yep.. that was fun.

*smiles* Great topic Nugan! Thanks for allowing me to relive the memories of days gone by.

T

Thogroar

cliff%20notes.jpg

Sorry Reesa, Couldn't help it ;)

--
So as for 'lil old Cora.

Well, of course there was the couple of days where the Charred Dagger made about half a dozen assassination attempts on her. Those were always fun. Of course, Cora herself would disagree. And there was that time that Maximus Summoner summoned a big swimming pool and there was a big pool party in the Emporium. Yeah, that was great. Oh, and can I put ISRP related boards stuff up too? I did take a bit of guilty pleasure in those few anti-Alliance posts I did. Really! It was nothing personal! It's just that Galen has a *really* bad attitude.

Oh! And dances.
The dunking booth one was a lot of fun, yep. And I really liked the one where all the partners were mixed up. Got a really good opportunity to do some good Roleplaying on that one. Oh, and Cora's costumes were always lots of fun. Spent a good deal of time thinking those up. I was especially proud of the big-hat and sundress costume for the summer picnic last year (Hin always want to have the biggest hat at the picnic.... I think Cora was mistaken for a table a couple times ^.^). And her moonstone dress was nice too!

Oof. Mine's really long. More to follow as I think of them!
~That guy who plays Cora

Krystal

First Post
Oh wow Reesa, I actually recall that one character, vaguely. Krys has met so many people it's hard for me to keep them straight. Like an idiot, I didn't take notes. :grins:

I always wanted to get Krys more involved in things, but I didn't want her to kick it. And, getting in a story line too many times where she comes near death or such, well... I didn't want people to think me too power-gamey, so I always kept Krys on the sidelines, offering her assistance, helping some, but doing my best not to affect things so much I messed them up.

I remember Bindy teaching Krys how to wield a rolling pin with precision... :grins:

I also like my little banters with Nevine. Back when he was eeeeevil :grin: I always imagined it was a mutual respect sort of thing between the two of them that stopped them from trying to actually go at each other. :shrugs:

Which brings me to the whole "redeemer" cycle. Minus a few snafu's, I always got a kick out of how Lumin and Krys had this real uneasy thing going on. She was quite literally afraid of him, and always watching him. It added to the rping experience, never knowing when he might come at her.

Oh let's see... I always found it amusing that when her "hubby"(s) weren't around, every single guy in the place was hitting on her! It made it so hard to keep characters straight.

Dontella

First Post
Red robes..

The only one that comes clearly to mind is Khalas.. the ever amuzing half-kender, with one hand he'd be lecturing someone, and with the other he'd be stealing their valuables.. .

It never ceased to make me laugh aloud everytime I saw it.

And the 'Deemers.. who could forget them.. there are nights Dontella will still wake up screaming in fear of Lumin-kins.. hehe.. but it made for some good interaction

And Evilllllle Nevine was good fun.. shocking how that never ended in violence between he and me cleric..

And all the people from Krynn.. Kyrs and Risty and.. so many more..

of course I still remember the first time I met Hugh.. All I got upon entering.. was OOC: OMG, a girl! Which still makes me chuckle to think of it.

And the times spent with Kalanar, and him taking in my rather bemused and overly sheltered cleric.. it was completely entertaining to interact with him, with a completely naive, and very impressionable Dontella.. it's probably a good thing he was also a cleric of Paladine.

And of course my ever famous bumbling characters.. and mistakes.. thank goodness no one knows those were me.. I mean stuck in the lobby with one, and the ever so quiet descriptionless girl sitting in the corner and just watching the things happen..

.. you guys are all great. It's been so fun and so amusing through the years, and it's also very interesting to see the roles of characters change, and the relationships grow * for good or ill* between them.. That's just good character development, and making friends.

W

WizO_Reesa

The only one that comes clearly to mind is Khalas.. the ever amuzing half-kender, with one hand he'd be lecturing someone, and with the other he'd be stealing their valuables.. .

That's the name! Thanks Dontella! Over the years it's so easy to forget names. :( I still can't remember the name of a guy I used to talk to way back when I first became a WizO. All I can remember is he was from Australia. I think it was Robert... something...

Eeeps.. I lost my train of thought when someone came to my desk at work... ah well

Cora: Sorry for the lengthy post. That's what happens when you think back to the "good ol' days"

~ Reesa

Remove ads