Happy New Year (and Enworld Resolutions)!!

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
So, since I haven’t been posting recently as I have been trekking through the jungle, I thought I’d post a brief thread starter since I am, for once, on the early side of the international date line.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Personally I am celebrating New Year’s Eve the best way possible - too much champagne and an extravagant seafood buffet. As for gaming and Enworld I thought I’d offer up the following New Year’s Resolutions.

1. I will make sure my posts are even longer in 2023!

2. I will decide upon a consistent way to refer to (and/or mock) D&DOne. OneD&D. 1D&D. 5.5e. 6e. The edition that shall not be named. Etc.

3. I will continue my best to efforts to hunt down and terminate bards … with extreme prejudice.

4. Elves? Nope.

5. I will endeavor to be more understanding and kind (non-bard, non-elf disclaimer).

What about you?

kenada

Legend
Supporter
My gaming resolution is to finish the first draft of my homebrew system. If not that, then I want to go at least two or three sessions without requiring my players to rebuild their characters. And if not that, then I want to at least decide on what unified dice mechanic I am using (1d20, 2d6, 2d10, etc). And if not that, then I guess just run PF2 or something. 😂

Muso

Explorer
My gaming resolution is to finish the preparation of a new campaing for my players. I am studying Tomb of Annihilation plus all the other stuff for this adventure. After our current Brancalonia campaing we will go to play with dinosaurs :)

clearstream

(He, Him)
So, since I haven’t been posting recently as I have been trekking through the jungle, I thought I’d post a brief thread starter since I am, for once, on the early side of the international date line.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Personally I am celebrating New Year’s Eve the best way possible - too much champagne and an extravagant seafood buffet. As for gaming and Enworld I thought I’d offer up the following New Year’s Resolutions.

1. I will make sure my posts are even longer in 2023!

2. I will decide upon a consistent way to refer to (and/or mock) D&DOne. OneD&D. 1D&D. 5.5e. 6e. The edition that shall not be named. Etc.

3. I will continue my best to efforts to hunt down and terminate bards … with extreme prejudice.

4. Elves? Nope.

5. I will endeavor to be more understanding and kind (non-bard, non-elf disclaimer).

What about you?
I am thinking of taking up barding. Not really (just horsing around.)

D and DONE?

Like @kenada I'd like to make progress on some game design. Not much, necessarily, but some.

In the vein of point 5., I'd like to better grasp my interlocutors' meanings, and to post with generosity. (I'd like to better convey my own meanings, but that seems too much to hope.)

Ulfgeir

Hero
My resolutions (or goals rather):

1: Try to get more (non game-raleted) writing done.
2: Write more scenarios for my very simplistic game Halloweenia.
3: Port it to other settings as well.
4: Write more scenarios for The Troubelshooters and then actually start a campaign in it.

1, 2, and 4 is the most likely to succeed.

I have two gaming resolutions this year.

(1) finish running an adventure path to completion. I’m currently running Wrath of the Righteous in Savage Pathfinder so that seems the most likely candidate.

(2) get GURPS on the table for a meaningful campaign. I’ve only ever run it as a one shot.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
My 2023 goal for ENWorld is to make all my opinions extra spicy and generate MOAR CLICKS.

Oh, by the way, One D&D isn't going to be a physical product at all, you'll be required to subscribe to D&D Beyond to get any supplement starting in 2024.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Paint more minis.

Play more sessions. Okay, this is a real long shot. Scheduling with busy adults with real lives is difficult.

Finish my Hero System conversion for L5R.

Convince my wife to run another session of her all bards game.

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year! :D

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My ENWorld resolution: I won't be creating any more "5E Survivor" threads. (If someone else wants to pick them up, they have my blessing and I'll happily participate.) I'd like to see what a different emcee would bring to the table.

Remove ads