Happy New Year (and Enworld Resolutions)!!

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I started writing a response, couldn't figure out how to say what was in my head, and then just deleted it all, like I do at least half the time on forums.

So, I am resolved to finish my thoughts more than 50% of the time!

aco175

Legend
Plan on going to the local convention in February for the first time since covid.

Should finish the Against the Giants campaign. Not sure if the campaign will end once they finish with the fire giants or the players will want to go longer.

I'm planning on the next campaign using the new box set Stormwreck Isle. I have a new village and some smaller adventures already done, so the main quests may be bumped a level or two from the box set.

I am interested in the new Phandalin campaign book coming out and will likely buy it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't usually do resolutions, but I'll throw my hat in:

1) I resolve to drink less glorious local craft beer. Hard to do when you live within stumbling distance of no less than six very good breweries. But I gotta stop.

2) I resolve to get quicker at posting on my EnWorld PBP games. I've been struggling lately, and it's time to get back into the swing of things.

3) That means wrapping up my Candlekeep game so I can concentrate on my Spelljammer game, and get it going again.

4) Without letting my 4 other PBP games slip. Probably shouldn't have taken on so many, but I'm a DMing machine.

5) Also to run a F2F Dragonlance campaign for some friends that played DL with me back in the early nineties. But with my son joining us this time. Should be fun

6) I resolve to win "Iron DM" again in 2023! That's right! Because my DMing isn't "Iron" enough for me as it is! It's only copper! Six PBP games and three F2F games is not enough! I must destroy what is left of my brainspace with conflicting story beats!

Expect me to be found gibbering in a corner in 2023.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Finally finish running Tomb of Annihilation!

I was all set to run it face-to-face with my usual group, aaaaaand then COVID hit. I tried running it virtually, and after a couple months called it quits. Between pandemic anxiety, changes at work, my ADD, and trying to learn how to do things virtually, I just couldn't do it.

Everyone was very understanding, but ever since then I've had it in my head to complete the dang thing. So, I cranked up the ol' Soulmonger again and we're playing face-to-face and having a good time. My anxiety and ADD often make things hard for me, but it's getting better as I get my DMing sea legs again. The PCs are in the titular Tomb, and two characters have died already, so I must be doing something right! :ROFLMAO:

After that, I want to rethink how I make, think about, and play my characters - basically I just want to make the most of the player experience for myself.

Last edited:

Remove ads