Harn: New Free Adventure Available for Download

Dan Bell

First Post
Also, below is a post from rpgnet which lists the other downloads which have been released this last year:
There is a lot of free stuff available for download at Lythia.com.
Most of it is PDFs and easily usable in any medieval RPG setting, especially low-magic, high-detail ones. Harnic fanon tends to have very high production values with excellent maps, plans, and art that can be reused in other places.

At the upcoming HarnCon, there will be the usual annual awards for best fan-produced material. The current nominees for best new fan-produced material (=free downloads) include:

- A Shower of Silver (Neil Thompson)
- - Jedes Keep (Neil Thompson)
- Keep on the Borderlands (Conal Smith)
- Will in the Way (Daniel Bell)
- - Goffin Manor (Daniel Bell)
- - Henewes Village (Daniel Bell)
- Kaldoran Greatclan Geneology (Jonathan Nicholas)
- Nithra-Dante of Harn (Mike St Pierre)
- Nuel-Yael Map Pack (Tuomo Aimonen)
- GM Helper Files (William A. Kilmer)
- Harn Settlements (Alun)
- HM Deryni (Matt Roegner)
- Dyrisa Expansion (Neil Thompson)
- Ilvirian Temple - Shiran (Lars Richter)
- Eldeskaal (Jonathan Nicholas)
- Inns & Temples (Neil Thompson)
- Menekai Castle (Alun)
- Upper Eastside City Block (Tashal) (Mike and Dave St Pierre)
- Orbaal Military Generator (Roy Denton)
- Thardic Military Worksheet (Roy Denton)
- Thardic Legion History (Roy Denton)
- Lythian Ports of Call (Roy Denton)
- Agricultural Data Series 1, 2 and 3 (Roy Denton)
- Lythian Trade Goods (Roy Denton)
- Commercial Taxes (Roy Denton)
- Sezaze (Joe Adams)
- Hyzevel (Joe Adams)
- Hakstyn and Jenkald Chapters (Joe Adams)
- Tournament of Saint Orthas' Day (Joe Adams)
- Denwald (Joe Adams)
- Bandits of Chyle adventure (Joe Adams)
- Drilen, Emerule, and Ominstru Manors (Joe Adams)
- Letters of Arlin (Joe Adams)
- Harnic Herbal Almanac (Lars Richter)
- Partial Haldana Row House release (3 FFF characters) (David Queenan)

This is only the nominees from this year - there is much more material available for free. Most of it is on the downloads section at Lythia.com, and you can find more from the HarnLink.

3catcircus

Adventurer
Treebore said:
Hey Dan,

ENWorld only allows publishers to post stuff in the Publishers forum, so this is technically an "illegal post".

Is Lythia.com considered a publisher? IIRC, only NRC or Columbia Games (depending on your thoughts on their feud over ownership) could be considered the publisher, no? From what I can gather, lythia is a fan site.

In any case - ever since I found Harn, I've really enjoyed the detail and flavor - the only thing that is comparable in that regard is probably Kalamar. And the maps...

Dan Bell

First Post
3catcircus said:
Is Lythia.com considered a publisher? IIRC, only NRC or Columbia Games (depending on your thoughts on their feud over ownership) could be considered the publisher, no? From what I can gather, lythia is a fan site.

In any case - ever since I found Harn, I've really enjoyed the detail and flavor - the only thing that is comparable in that regard is probably Kalamar. And the maps...

Hi 3catcircus,
Lythia.com is a fansite. Work is "published" in that it is given away free, done in many cases by the freelancers (both have no inhouse employees) who work for NRC and CGI, and with the NRC/CGI artists and mappers with the same general page layouts.

Yeah, the maps 1st drew me in also. I began using harn stuff to drop in my own GRUPS world or to fill in the gaps in the D&D worlds I was using.
Regards
Dan

Remove ads