Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Just saw the title of the new HP book. Not really sure why I'm starting this thread (as I'm not really a huge fan) but I didn't see one already, so, y'know. Just making conversation :).

Mild Order of the Phoenix spoiler:
It would be kinda cool to see Sirius come back from behind that spooky curtain thing, though. I liked him.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think that's what's going to happen with him, myself. The exit was so mysterious and strange, it seems to cry out for a surprise revelation later on. (What sort of portal was it, again? That's probably the key to how it'll be resolved.)

The rumor is that the seventh HP book will be released on July 7, 2007 (07/07/07), which is a Saturday and matches the last few releases that I recall.

Looking forward to this, in any case!

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I think that's what's going to happen with him, myself. The exit was so mysterious and strange, it seems to cry out for a surprise revelation later on. (What sort of portal was it, again? That's probably the key to how it'll be resolved.)

The rumor is that the seventh HP book will be released on July 7, 2007 (07/07/07), which is a Saturday and matches the last few releases that I recall.

Looking forward to this, in any case!

So am I! I guess I'll have to re-read the others right before it comes out so I can get back into the "feel" of the books.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I'm pretty much already in the process of re-reading the series because they're bed-time stories for my son. We're currently fleeing Death Eaters in the Department of Mysteries. So, if the book is released in July, the timing should be good.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Agreed. That's pretty much Rowling all over. OotP spoilers:
I seem to recall that it was some kind of portal between the the world of the living and the dead. Wikipedia says: Sirius died when a curse fired by Bellatrix hit him, knocking him backwards through an ancient veil that separated the worlds of the living and the dead.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
My son and I are reading the books. We're now up to Goblet of Fire. We've already seen the first four movies but the books have so much more to offer. We should be well into Half-Blood Prince before it is released as a movie so #5, 6, and 7 will be the Book first.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Couldn't this be a reference to Godric's Hollow, where HP's parents were killed? Seems like that would be quite the location for the climax of the series.
Ooh, I'd forgotten that.

But "hallows" and "Hollow" aren't the same thing, are they?

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
The impact of Sirius's death was to large to simply bring him back. Death in the world of Potter is not a trivial thing. The tale winds to a close...

orcmonk220

First Post
Though I've seems to decrease in my liking of Mr. Potter (age has changed me, damn this 17 year old I've become ;) ), I'll still be buying this book, methinks, as I've read the rest.
I'm not sure on how I think this book will play out. There are so many ways it could happen, and I've sure JK Rowling will put as many twists in there as possible. Let's just hope she doesn't do the same with the padding out of the thing. :S
Chris

Remove ads