Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Couldn't this be a reference to Godric's Hollow, where HP's parents were killed? Seems like that would be quite the location for the climax of the series.
The translations of the title of the book into other languages seem to suggest that in this case "Hallows" is in the sense of "Saints" (like in Hallowe'en and All Hallows). So "Harry Potter and the Deathly Saints" would be another way to look at it. I wonder who they might be?

(I did hear that she was originally going to call it "Harry Potter and the Ninjas of Doom", but changed her mind at the last minute. No, really...)

orcmonk220

First Post
The Deathly "Saints" could be the Death Eaters, as if we look at this as religious (nobody take any offence to this...)

Mild Spoilers:
The Order of the Phoenix could be seen as the angels (with Dumbledore possibly being seen as a God figure, or someone else like that), which would make Voldemort the devil-esque character, and the Death Eaters his imp-like minions!

Mark Hope said:
The translations of the title of the book into other languages seem to suggest that in this case "Hallows" is in the sense of "Saints" (like in Hallowe'en and All Hallows). So "Harry Potter and the Deathly Saints" would be another way to look at it. I wonder who they might be?

(I did hear that she was originally going to call it "Harry Potter and the Ninjas of Doom", but changed her mind at the last minute. No, really...)

Actually, it was "Harry Potter and the Dino-riding Ninja Pirates of Doom" ... but JKR decided that title would sell too well and she'd be accused of selling out.

Edit:

hal·low (hāl'ō )
tr.v. hal·lowed, hal·low·ing, hal·lows

To make or set apart as holy.
To respect or honor greatly; revere.

[Middle English halwen, from Old English hālgian; see kailo- in Indo-European roots.]

"Deathly Hallows" now makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Remove ads