• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Has anybody ever made the story of Baldur's Gate (cRPG) into a campaign?

carhesl

First Post
I did this as a campaign when 3rd edition first came out. None of the players had played BG. I started with Shadows of Amn. I had ALL of the NPCs drawn up and the players each played about 3 making different parties going on different quests which I alternated between. My players absolutely loved it.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I did this as a campaign when 3rd edition first came out. None of the players had played BG. I started with Shadows of Amn. I had ALL of the NPCs drawn up and the players each played about 3 making different parties going on different quests which I alternated between. My players absolutely loved it.

Did you just assign a player to be The bhaalspawn?

I like the idea of running it just like the first video game. The bhaalspawn stuff is minor for most of the game, but it keeps the player (or players, if the Bhaalspawn discusses it with the others) guessing.

Giving out a couple of free level 1 cure spells isn't a huge deal, esp if said Bhaalspawn is a little behind the others in XP.

Remove ads