• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anybody's SVGames order shipped yet?

Doc Ezra

First Post
Ghostwind said:
If you are that unhappy with the results you have been getting from SVGames, file a compliant with your credit card company along with a request for reversal of charges, inform SVGames that you wish your order to be cancelled ...

You do realize there's a time limit on such actions, yes? Since SVGames had no intention of shipping my product for at least 30 days, they have gone beyond my credit card agreement's allowed cancellation period. I'm sure I could probably raise a big enough stink to get the matter fixed, but likely at some legal expense to myself, all due to the business's incompetence and questionable practice of charging me for goods that it appears they didn't possess. Whether or not "many" Internet retailers do this, it remains a fairly gray area of mail order fraud law that opens them up to legal action.

Dingleberry

First Post
Ghostwind, I'll direct you to my earlier post in this thread about the Federal Trade Commission's Mail Order Rule. It's quite simple: if the vendor stated a shipment date, failed to ship on that date AND didn't notify the customer of the delay, it's engaging in unfair and deceptive business practices as defined by federal regulations.

Obviously, whether anyone should actually pursue and/or could actually recover a legal remedy given this vendor's situation is a separate issue.

Ghostwind

First Post
You may want to double check your dispute procedure on your credit card. The fact that you placed an order on XX date and that the site specifically said nothing would be shipped until after March 31, should give you some latitude regarding filing a dispute. Did you try calling your credit card company and discussing the situation with them? I understand your frustration, but venting here does nothing to improve your own situation. SVGames isn't monitoring the thread to see who cheers and who complains. Yes, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. No, they shouldn't treat others in the manner that has been happening. However, it is still you, the consumer's, responsibility to follow up if you feel as though you have been taken advantage of. No amount of complaining here will change the status or inactivity of your order. If you are dissatisfied and are convinced that SVGames will not be sending your order, then go the extra mile and do some leg work to get your credit card company to help you out. You have two choices, take the initiative and file a dispute or be patient and trust that your order will eventually make it.

Arravis

First Post
I'm sure all the angry posters here know that SVGames isn't reading this thread (or answering e-mails, snail-mail, phones, etc), we're not idiots. Complaining here allows other potential customers to know exactly what they are getting into. I consider that important, I don't think we should "put up or shut up". A free economy relies heavily on word of mouth, and that's exactly what SVgames is getting (though not the way they wish).

D'karr

Adventurer
Arravis said:
I'm sure all the angry posters here know that SVGames isn't reading this thread (or answering e-mails, snail-mail, phones, etc), we're not idiots. Complaining here allows other potential customers to know exactly what they are getting into. I consider that important, I don't think we should "put up or shut up". A free economy relies heavily on word of mouth, and that's exactly what SVgames is getting (though not the way they wish).

I'm pretty sure that nobody has said to you "put up or shut up." I'm pretty sure nobody has implied that either.

You are right you can complain all you want, but if you are so concerned about being ripped-off I'd suggest you just cancel your order.

Like you said word of mouth is a great thing. On the other hand accusing a business of illegal business practices is another thing. It actually makes your point just become a rant instead of a public service advertisement.

You had a bad experience with SVGames, it's good for you to let people know what your experience was so they are informed. Many people are also satisfied with their orders and some are even ordering again. So to say that SVGames is not getting what they wanted is once again speculation.

Lets try to keep it to the facts. Too many times in internet forums people let their emotions get the better of them and start spouting off crap that is not even factual. Speculation and opinions is what makes the internet a medium of communication filled with misinformation.

After all, "It must be true, I read it on the Internet..." LOL

Bard Lucian

First Post
Just got an E-mail from SVGames, saying that my last order is due on the 25th of April. However, I still seem to be missing an order. Hm. Well, we'll see if they come in the next few days. Meanwhile, at least I'm seeing some activity from SVGames, which is a step up.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
D'karr said:

You are right you can complain all you want, but if you are so concerned about being ripped-off I'd suggest you just cancel your order.
Good idea. How would you cancel an order with a company that doesn't read email, answer the phone, or check its PO Box?

This is a serious question. I'm not trying to be snarky here (well, okay, maybe just a little ;)).

D'karr

Adventurer
AuraSeer said:

Good idea. How would you cancel an order with a company that doesn't read email, answer the phone, or check its PO Box?

This is a serious question. I'm not trying to be snarky here (well, okay, maybe just a little ;)).

I figured you made your payment with your credit card... So like I said in a post a while ago:

Originally posted by D'karr

Cancel the order with your credit card company not with the vendor.

I guess a "little" snarky remark deserves another... RTFT... =)

Call the credit card company and let them know that you are cancelling the order to SVGames for non-receipt of merchandise.

If you finally receive a package from SVGames just write in big bold letters "Return to Sender" without opening and give it to your Friendly Neighborhood Mailman...

vortex

First Post
Yay! My order arrived today.
It is really interesting how people moan about delayed shipping.
I live in Australia.
I always have to wait weeks for shipping, and it often costs more than the product.

This is the best mini's deeal I have ever seen - and I'm really happy.

Painfully

First Post
SVgames shipped my package well over two weeks late.

I wish I could get my order and not pay them for two weeks and see what they would have to say about that. You can bet they would be calling and emailing and getting upset if they had to wait two extra weeks to get paid for all their orders--unless perhaps somebody told them it would be two weeks late, then okay--but make them wait two weeks MORE than even that, and you have the situation a lot of people here seem to be in.

For all those who don't care how late their orders are, very well, sit and wait quietly for a little longer. It is silly to tell everyone else to "sit and wait" just because you are comfortably patient. Late is late. Nobody likes to pay for late.

Remove ads