D&D General Has anyone played in a group where everyone was a member of the same species? (+)

Dioltach

Legend
I've run an all-drow evil campaign. It was fun for a few sessions, but you can imagine the problems.

Whenever we take a break from our long-term campaign, we revert to our halfling adventures. Barbarian, two fighters, a ranger, a rogue and a bard. All 1st level, but with various boosts and a few magic items. It gives a great "little heroes against the big bad world" feel. Even the elves and dwarves are nasty.

Stormonu

Legend
I wanna stat up an NPC party now of grizzled dwarf orc-slaying warriors, and their "adopted" son Burnright, a red-haired half-orc barbarian (last survivor of the Darkwoods).

1712853699208.jpeg

Last edited:

Peter BOSCO'S

Adventurer
I played in a short all Gargoyle campaign years ago (although my character said he was a Gar Boy, not a Gar Goil). I played in a shorter (pun intended) all Halfling filler campaign years ago, where our characters were all from the same small (no pun intended) Halfling village. I played a Rogue/Cleric who was a priest of the God of Cowardice, RunAway.

Yes, often enough.

Once players can get beyond "I must be a crazy wacky race all the time" phase, a lot can happen in a game.

Quite often in session 0 someone will come up with a game idea of one race:
All dwarves looking to reclaim their lost homeland
All elves at magic school
All halfling food merchants
All gnome circus
All half orc mercenaries

and so on

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yes, often enough.

Once players can get beyond "I must be a crazy wacky race all the time" phase, a lot can happen in a game.

All gnome circus
All half orc mercenaries

and so on
why can't we have an all orc circus!!

seriously though of these "elves at a magic school" stood out to me as an anomaly, I just dont think of Elves as gathering at magic schools to learn - thats more of a human thing - elfs just learn magic growing up as a standard part of their cultures.

Yes, often enough.

All gnome circus
All half orc mercenaries

and so on
Now you've got me wondering about an all Dragonborn team. ;)

Remove ads