D&D General Has anyone played in a group where everyone was a member of the same species? (+)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
At a guess, partly the influence of the Hobbit (which is an almost all-Dwarf party) and partly the way Dwarves are often portrayed as rather insular and untrusting of non-Dwarves.
Plus the theming is really fun. For all that people complain about dwarf cliches, battleaxes, beards and beers is a lot of fun to play, especially if you've got a whole bunch of dwarves causing hairy chaos.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Plus the theming is really fun. For all that people complain about dwarf cliches, battleaxes, beards and beers is a lot of fun to play, especially if you've got a whole bunch of dwarves causing hairy chaos.
Yeah, thats where you need table rules so you can get them all to play the game properly

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm sure that early on in gaming I've had all human PCs, but that might have been more to do with what choices were available. I don't think I've played or run a game since 3e that didn't include a mix of races, but mind you, I haven't floated any campaign ideas that requested it.

Remove ads