• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone seen the Marshal in game?

thorimar

First Post
As the post suggests, I'm looking for anyone, player or DM, who has seen the Marshal used. It is from the Miniatures Handbook and to me is the precursor to the 4E Warlord. Strange to me that a new core class came from such a little used book, but whatever. I'm looking for feedback related to overall power balance of the aura abilities and any other playability issues that might have come up. I will likely be using it in a Pathfinder RPG/3.5 hybrid game, but let me know how it worked for you and I'll worry about porting it over to PRPG.

Thanks,
Thorimar

Runestar

First Post
I have heard of it being little more than a 3-4 lv dip. Multiclass into warblade and focus on raven tactics if you want a feel of the 4e warlord.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I wanted to multiclass into one, but my DM wouldn't let me.

However, I'm considering taking the Marshall auras and just adding them to Fighters.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yeah, I've never seen any except as a 1-4 lvl dip. They definitely need boosting beyond the first levels to be playable, IMO. Full BAB might be a start, I think they could just use more/better class features. Or maybe some White Raven stuff as part of the class.

Remove ads