• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Has anyone used the character folios?

physics_ninja

First Post
Not a character sheet but one of those 32 page booklets that lets you record just about everything about your character.

There are several on the market: Green Ronin, Fast Foward Entertainment, Mongoose, and Mystic Eye Games.

I was thinking about using them for my Living Arcanis characters and the PCs in my homegame and was wondering if anybody has thoughts/experiences to share.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
My husband just started using the one from Mystic Eye. He likes it a great deal. He has vision problems, so a regular character sheet has print that is too small for him to read. Spreading all the information out over many pages has made a world of difference to him. Also, he likes having all of his information in one place, instead of spread over a bunch of loose sheets of paper.

I'm actually thinking of giving each of my players one of these for xmas.

Sirius_Black

First Post
Buttercup said:
I'm actually thinking of giving each of my players one of these for xmas.

That notion is a very good idea for a gaming group. Besides a kind gesture, it would stimulate any player to have a greater connetion to the character he or she would keep within the folio.

MEG Hal

First Post
physics_ninja said:
Not a character sheet but one of those 32 page booklets that lets you record just about everything about your character.

There are several on the market: Green Ronin, Fast Foward Entertainment, Mongoose, and Mystic Eye Games.

I was thinking about using them for my Living Arcanis characters and the PCs in my homegame and was wondering if anybody has thoughts/experiences to share.

Thanks Buttercup!!!!
I believe we are the only 32 pager (maybe FFE) so if that is any help, great!

We have a buy 3 get one free special on our site, but you should be able to take our book a spin from any local or online store at this point.

The book is doing real well and we could not be happier. We did a lot of innovative things with it, rumors, cities visited, strongolds/property owned etc...it really helps you log all of your info in one area.

Joe Kushner gave it a 4/5 here on ENWorld, ours is called The Player's Archive BTW ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I feel like I just walked into an infomercial... That said I have to ask:

Meg, Does it Slice and does it dice? :D

Meg, in all honesty how does your 32-page monster handle d20 Modern?
Unusual races? (Examples: dragons, bugbears)

katzemagische

First Post
The Character Folios are really helpfull with keeping tons of game information together. I was given the Green Ronin Folio by my DM and I loved it. I did in the end tweek it alittle; like moving things around a bit by photocopying and pasting. But in the long run I could just turn to the page that had contact information, so I had every note about every encounter that I had with an NPC. I would recomend giving one a try.

Ghostwind

First Post
I haven't gotten the chance to get a good look at MEG's Player's Archive, but the one that stands above and beyond the others (Mongoose, Green Ronin, Fast Forward) is Paradigm's Arcanis Folio. It has the cleanest and best layout of any folio I've seen yet. I grabbed two at Gen Con because I was so impressed.

Mystic Eye

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
I feel like I just walked into an infomercial... That said I have to ask:

Meg, Does it Slice and does it dice? :D

Meg, in all honesty how does your 32-page monster handle d20 Modern?
Unusual races? (Examples: dragons, bugbears)

It does not slice or dice but it does give a mean paper cut!

The Player's Archive is designed for d20 3.5 specifically and while it "can" handle modern I would have to say it was not designed with modern in mind.

as to unusual races, that should be no problem.

Gothmog

First Post
Hey MEG Hal and Mystic Eye,

On Friday I received a package from you guys in the mail. I thought "What the heck?" I opened it to find I had won a monthly drawing from MEG, and had gotten two of the character folios! I plan on using them soon in a new campaign I am playing in- they look great and have space for everything you could imagine. Just wanted to say thanks, and you guys kick a$$!!!! Another reason MEG is #1 in my book- they take care of their curtomers. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads