• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Hasbro CEO Chris Cox, "I would say that the underlying thesis of our D&D business is all about digital,”

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
But at all? I mean I think most people here at least attempt to read them.
This would be a good survey question.

I suspect we have a lot of people who collect, and nothing more, followed by a large group of people who just read the books, and a smaller group that has played within the last five years. And, at ENWorld, I would guess at least half of those who play also DM.

That doesn't necessarily represent anyone's preference, of course. But I bet there's probably a sizable population that are fine with never playing, for whatever reason.

This would be a good survey question.

I suspect we have a lot of people who collect, and nothing more, followed by a large group of people who just read the books, and a smaller group that has played within the last five years. And, at ENWorld, I would guess at least half of those who play also DM.

That doesn't necessarily represent anyone's preference, of course. But I bet there's probably a sizable population that are fine with never playing, for whatever reason.
I’m guilty of reading then reselling or giving away RPGs. I do play in a 5e campaign, have a home BECMI campaign for my wife and daughters, and want to run a heavily modified 5e Spelljammer campaign. But, of course, coordinating with everyone so we play more than 2-3 times annual is a right pain in the rear.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I’m guilty of reading then reselling or giving away RPGs. I do play in a 5e campaign, have a home BECMI campaign for my wife and daughters, and want to run a heavily modified 5e Spelljammer campaign. But, of course, coordinating with everyone so we play more than 2-3 times annual is a right pain in the rear.
Yeah, about once a year I purge the stuff I bought in a fit of optimism that, realistically, aren't doing anything other than gathering dust. Better they get a chance to be used by someone else. I still play plenty -- once or twice a month -- but from a narrower and more specific list of stuff.

Yeah, about once a year I purge the stuff I bought in a fit of optimism that, realistically, aren't doing anything other than gathering dust. Better they get a chance to be used by someone else. I still play plenty -- once or twice a month -- but from a narrower and more specific list of stuff.
Yeah, my best friend/DM has a bunch of my stuff that he hasn’t read in 9 months, and I want to trade it in.

Mirtek

Hero
For PC games I believe the figures are somewhere around 25% of games are never even launched once.
I'll have you know that I am going to install my The Witcher 3 - GotY Edition that I bought some years ago during a steam sale any day now.

Well, I mean any day after I installed and finished my The Witcher 2 and damn! I lost my saves from The Witcher 1 to import all my decisions. Guess I'll have to re-play that first (Yes! I actually played that one through!)

So mark my words, by 2050 I will have played through The Witcher 3!!!

Remove ads