• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Haste, shadow jump and attacking

Korgan26

First Post
Ok I have no doubt that this topic (or a version of) has been beaten to death with the horse it rode in on, but please bear with me.

Now if a hasted shadow dancer makes a shadow jump with in 5' of an opponent can they also attack?
AND
This is a DM call question. If the said shadow dancer was also an assassin would the shadow jump negate a death attack on the grounds of losing sight of target?
Thanks

Zad

First Post
Korgan26 said:
Now if a hasted shadow dancer makes a shadow jump with in 5' of an opponent can they also attack?
No.

Shadow jump works like Dimension Door. SRD (3.0) says At 4th level, the shadowdancer gains the ability to travel between shadows as if by means of a dimension door spell.

But you can't attack after you Dim Door.

From the SRD said:
After using this spell, you can’t take any other actions until your next turn.

No actions until your next turn. Period. You are done, hasted or not.

Korgan26 said:
This is a DM call question. If the said shadow dancer was also an assassin would the shadow jump negate a death attack on the grounds of losing sight of target?
You'd have to ask your DM then ;) Personally I'd say no, you aren't losing sight of the target. But you still can't attack til the next round. The uncertainty lies in where it says "can take other actions as long as his attention stays focused on the target". Is a spell-like ability staying focused or not? Dm's call.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads