• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Hatred Domain in Pathfinder?

Hey

I am DMing a PF game set in Kalamar, that uses a bunch of 3.0 Domains. So far I've been able to use the PF domains just fine, even the subdomains (Trade, Rune etc.) but I have found no equivalent of Hatred Domain.

Does anyone have this or can think of what powers to use? The spell list is already done so no problem there.

The 3.0 power in Kalamar and Forgotten Realms is gaining +2 profane bonus to attack, ac, saves etc. against one chosen enemy for x rounds once per day. But I would much rather have something like in PF, where you have one slightly useful power at lvl 1, then more powerful ones as you level.

The themes of the LE goddess I'm gonna use it for is jealousy, selfishness, hatred, ambitious and a desire to warp laws in order to create inequity and injustice.

For my purpose and for my NPCs the level one power is most important, but I don't want it to be too good.

paradox42

First Post
That 3.0 power doesn't look "too good" to me, if the "x" in "x rounds" is set equal to the Cleric level of the character using it. Seriously, a +2 bonus for 1 measly round? I'd take a Bless spell over that any day- it, at least, lasts a full minute. A Ranger's Favored Enemy bonus is similar, but acts forever against an entire category of creatures.

It's tough to come up with a higher-level power, though- one thing that might work is turning on the hate in one's enemies, as a curse/debuff; something like those Emotion spells that came in Ultimate Magic. I'm thinking Unadulterated Loathing, Malicious Spite, and Utter Contempt, here. Maybe a Confusion-like effect that only allows targets to attack each other.

That 3.0 power doesn't look "too good" to me, if the "x" in "x rounds" is set equal to the Cleric level of the character using it. Seriously, a +2 bonus for 1 measly round? I'd take a Bless spell over that any day- it, at least, lasts a full minute. A Ranger's Favored Enemy bonus is similar, but acts forever against an entire category of creatures.

It's tough to come up with a higher-level power, though- one thing that might work is turning on the hate in one's enemies, as a curse/debuff; something like those Emotion spells that came in Ultimate Magic. I'm thinking Unadulterated Loathing, Malicious Spite, and Utter Contempt, here. Maybe a Confusion-like effect that only allows targets to attack each other.

Duration is 1 minute, and it's attack, saves and AC 1/day. This is ok, but I want to follow the 3+Wis mod uses per day as is common, at which point this power becomes way too good.

Sorry for the inaccuracy, I didn't have the book when I posted the OP.

I think this is the closest to what I described:

Destructive Smite (Su): You gain the destructive smite power: the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a morale bonus on damage rolls equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum 1). You must declare the destructive smite before making the attack. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Destructive Aura (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of destruction for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. All attacks made against targets in this aura (including you) gain a morale bonus on damage equal to 1/2 your cleric level and all critical threats are automatically confirmed. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.

As you can see this lasts even less.. just a single attack. The level 1 powers are not supposed to be very powerful.

Last edited:

Shisumo

First Post
Have you considered the Rage subdomain of the Destruction domain? It has the same destructive smite power you just quoted, but replaces the destructive aura with a barbarian's rage at 8th level.

Remove ads