• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have the Rules Compendium and Heroes Book

talwynor

First Post
I apologize if everyone has their fill on the books and have their questions answered already, but I picked up them up yesterday and spent some time with them. Feel free to post if you have any questions and Ill answer when I get out of work at 6 EST. I also picked up the dungeon tiles set.

Initial impressions. First - I love the dungeon tiles....10 boards and nice selection of tiles. Nothing new that I picked out apart from the great box. Its a deep box that lets you store additional tiles and is itself covered in a generic duneon tile. Taking a tile, the cover and the box, you could easily set up a 3 level dungeon of a good size.

I dont have the books at the office at the moment, but now that I have them, I love the size, they both fit in the dgeon tile box so transport is easy. The covers, while paperback, are not flimsy and seem at first blush to be fairly sturdy. If they were slighlty less wide, they'd have fit side by side in the dungeon tiles box.

As others have mentioned, the artwork appears to be entirely re-used from the core books, as is most of the entries. There are some new side bars re: tracking initiative etc, but not to any great extent. Anyway - I like the production values and pretty happy with them so far. If you have any specifics, let me knwo - I plan on spending some time with them while the Saints game is on in the background.

EDIT- Looks like I am late to the party! Whole whopping thread here http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-dis...l-d-d-4th-edition-heroes-forgotten-lands.html

Last edited:

Remove ads