• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you been 3.5ed?

BarkTree

First Post
EricNoah said:
Like Morrus, I got mine courtesy of WotC today in the mail! How has it changed my life? Well, I'll be able to show them off to one of my gaming groups this weekend. Or something. :)

I'd be happy to answer a few questions if folks have them.

Can you please tell me if they the book's spines are stitched like the originals' 1st printing or glued like the FRCS, Manual of the Planes, etc.?

coyote6

Adventurer
grodog said:
Mine arrived on July 1st.

! San Jose is much closer than Seattle, Wisconsin, or even Berkeley. [Bob hurries off to research addresses]

Slightly more seriously -- from where did it arrive? Was this a comp/review copy from WotC, a retailer/distributor preview. or an order from somewhere?

Edit: forgot an 'e'

Last edited:

Storminator

First Post
EricNoah said:
Like Morrus, I got mine courtesy of WotC today in the mail! How has it changed my life? Well, I'll be able to show them off to one of my gaming groups this weekend. Or something. :)

I'd be happy to answer a few questions if folks have them.

How does Scrying work? I've asked before, only to be rudely swatted down!

I want actual details! Until we get the book, we'll be continuing to scry the old way, and I'd dearly love to move those skill points around.

PS

EricNoah

Adventurer
Thorntangle said:

I've got a few DMG questions.

Any chance you could shed some light on the Horizon Walker prestige class?

Kind of a LG oriented question, but have they changed the list of arcane scrolls available to buy in the DMG?

Any noticeable change in the cost of magic items like Boots of Speed?

Horizon Walker is an easy-to-get-into prestige class mostly aimed at a ranger or bard. For the first five levels the class gets to choose special abilities related to various kinds of terrain (skill bonuses or immunities, and attack/damage bonuses vs. creatures from those terrains). The last five levels the character gets to choose special abilities related to various planar environments (fiery, weightless, aligned, etc.). That's basically it.

I don't have the requisite eye for details to answer your other questions.

EricNoah

Adventurer
BarkTree said:

Can you please tell me if they the book's spines are stitched like the originals' 1st printing or glued like the FRCS, Manual of the Planes, etc.?

Well they don't do that old "pull away" thing the first printing had, so to me it looks like "glued" is the answer. They seem very sturdy, and so far mine also don't seem warped.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Storminator said:

How does Scrying work? I've asked before, only to be rudely swatted down!

I want actual details! Until we get the book, we'll be continuing to scry the old way, and I'd dearly love to move those skill points around.

PS

Well as you've no doubt gathered, there is no scry skill any more.

The scrying spell is on the cleric, druid, sor/wiz, and bard spell lists. The subject of the scrying gets a will save, and there's a list of modifiers to the will save (how well you know the subject, and if you possess a picture, garment, lock of hair etc.). If the will save succeeds you can't try again on that subject for 24 hours.

The sensor created sees the subject and the surrounding area in a 10' radius and can follow a moving subject. There's a small list of spells that have a chance of working when cast through scrying. The focus for the spell is a big mirror.

There's also a Greater Scrying spell that lasts longer and has a list of spells that always function through the spell.

Both spells are of the Divination (Scrying) type; another example in this type is Clairaudience/Clairvoyance.

Thorntangle

First Post
Thanks Eric - Sorry about the vague questions. I'll make them more specific.

Have the stat-boost magic item prices changed? In 3.0 they were 4, 000 gp (+2), 16,000 gp (+4), or 36,000 gp (+6).

What is the price on Boots of Speed?

Happy 4th!

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Krug said:

See. Eric Noah's charisma now has a bonus of +4. You too can receive this great benefit when you are 3.5ed.

It's been well-established that PCat has the +4 Cha modifier. Eric's +4 bonus is in Wisdom.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Thorntangle said:
Thanks Eric - Sorry about the vague questions. I'll make them more specific.

Have the stat-boost magic item prices changed? In 3.0 they were 4, 000 gp (+2), 16,000 gp (+4), or 36,000 gp (+6).

What is the price on Boots of Speed?

Happy 4th!

Boots of Speed: 12,000 gp

Stat boosting items are the same price as before.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads