• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you been 3.5ed?

BarkTree

First Post
EricNoah said:
Well they don't do that old "pull away" thing the first printing had, so to me it looks like "glued" is the answer. They seem very sturdy, and so far mine also don't seem warped.

That is very unfortunate, especially after some fans brought this issue to WotC's attention at the last GAMA. Oh well, thanks for the answer Eric.

Nightstorm

First Post
I have two questions please.
1. Do the books look like they will stay in the bindings?
2. Tell the truth now, what do YOU think of 3.5?

Krug said:
Have you received this remarkable life-changing product?
Thanks to Amazon, it's virtually mine!

Are you the coolest guy in the city now?

Thanks to my recent purchase, I was elected chairman of my local Mystic Knights of the Sea Lodge. How cool is that?

Do luscious babes check you out in elevators?

Ever since I started wearing my "Ask me about my prematurely-released-by-10-odd-years and stupidly-named RPG purchase!" badge, the ladies have been all over me!

Tell us about the remarkable change in your social life and seperate yourself from those nasty, primitive, outmoded 3.0ers. :D

Before I was 3.5ed, I was a 98-pound weakling who was always getting sand kicked in his face by musclebound jerks who were into Exalted. But now, thanks to 3.5, I now OWN the beach, and those guys all died!

Thanks Wizards! You've made all my dreams come true! Well, except for the one about Christina Ricci, but that should be cleared up by the 3.5 errata.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Nightstorm said:
I have two questions please.
1. Do the books look like they will stay in the bindings?
2. Tell the truth now, what do YOU think of 3.5?

1) They seem very sturdy to me. Only time will tell.

2) The more I look at it, the less it seems like it's really all that different from 3.0. The best parts are the way the monster stats are laid out (specific DCs listed for every spell-like ability, grapple bonuses listed) and the way certain tricky concepts are explained very clearly. But it's not so super-duper that I feel the need to change from what I have going with 3.0, and more importantly I don't feel the need to try to persuade my players (or fellow players depending on the group) to switch. There's some stuff (changes to particular spells) that could be integrated in 3.0 with little trouble, while there's other stuff (formulae for calculating monster skills and feats, or the DR system) that would not port over without several other pieces of 3.5 also coming over. If I were just getting into D&D this would be a very nice edition to start with. As it is, there's nothing "calling" to me from 3.5 the way 3.0 did.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Krug said:
Have you received this remarkable life-changing product?

Naw. I'm not that lucky. It'll be a while before I can afford to get 'em once they show up at the local shops. I'd guess I'll have by the end of the year.

Krug said:
Are you the coolest guy in the city now?[/B]

I gave up on that dream when I began gaming

:lol:

Krug said:
Do luscious babes check you out in elevators?[/B]

Yeah. Then they snort with derisive laughter.

Krug said:
Tell us about the remarkable change in your social life and seperate yourself from those nasty, primitive, outmoded 3.0ers. :D [/B]

I'll let you know when it happens.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
coyote6 said:

! San Jose is much closer than Seattle, Wisconsin, or even Berkeley. [Bob hurries off to research addresses]

Slightly more seriously -- from where did it arrive? Was this a comp/review copy from WotC, a retailer/distributor preview. or an order from somewhere?

coyote6, they were review copies from WotC.

Bestopheles

First Post
How have Half-Dragon's changed? Specifically, have their stats changed, and is their breath weapons still based off a static number based off of color (ex, gold had a fire breath weapon with a save dc of 20).

Jason

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads