• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have you bought a third-party product in the last year?

Have you bought a third-party product in the last year?

• Yes

Votes: 73 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 33.0%

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I generally don't buy third-party products, but there were a few things I liked back during the 3.5 days. I was rather fond of Arcanis and Kingdoms of Kalamar. I never played either of those outside of organized play though, and those experiences were limited. I also purchased World's Largest Dungeon by AEG, but that was only because it was a steal ($10 on a clearance rack). In the early days of 3e I also bought some of AEG's adventure modules, but I found them to be terrible in general when compared to "official" adventure modules. I think the third party stuff I was most intrigued by was Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and Arcana Evolved. Those really sparked my imagination. I also bought the Ravenloft licensed material because, well, Ravenloft.

As for recently, no, I haven't bought any third-party products because I haven't been playing PF or 4e. I've been sticking with 3.5 for the most part. I have all the books and I like the system so I see no need to change. My tabletop group has finally convinced me to try PF for our next campaign though, so we'll see what happens.

TBRMInsanity

First Post
Not only have I bought 3rd party products, I've helped in the development of them as well. The RPG industry will not survive if every company is fighting for everyone's precious dollars. Through collaboration, the best products make it to market and everyone benefits. This is why Pathfinder's current business model is the best currently.

Deviknyte

First Post
I buy a lot of "indie" games as of late. But no "third party."

Arcanis RPS, Rotted Capes, Witch Hunter 2.0, Mouse Guard, Numenera, D&D 3.5, Spears of Dawn.

Balesir

Adventurer
I voted "yes": I'm counting Zeitgeist (via subscription) and Midgard Bestiary via Kickstarter, here, since I don't distinguish between the ways I purchase gaming stuff...

Jhaelen

First Post
If it wasn't for Ars Magica, for which I simply buy every (official) book as soon as it's available, I wouldn't have bought any rpg product in the last year (except a DDI subscription). I'm currently only playing 4e.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Pretty much no, unless you count minis and game maps (paizo). I am getting the Enworld kickstarter PDFs, though.

I am getting Dwarven Forge from the kickstarter, though.

But 3PP supplements for D&D, now, pretty much never buy them.

Yes, but my expenditure on RPG stuff in the last couple of years has been way down compared to say 5 years ago.

This is mainly because I stuck with 3.5E (not PFRPG, 3.5E). I have all the WotC 3.5E books I really want (and quite a few at that) and enough adventures to keep me going for at least a couple of decades. I've bought a few Paizo books in the last few years (a couple of AP's and some fluff books that interested me) but not much else besides that.

Olaf the Stout

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads