• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have You Purchased Any Additional 4e Supplements Beyond the First Three Core Books?

Have You Purchased Any Additional 4e Supplements Beyond the First Three Core Books?

JeffB

Legend
No splats, but I did buy KOTS and the Starter set for my son.

I will say that there were FAR more books/supplements that I wanted/purchased when 3E was introduced and for the first year or so after. So far nothing in the works for 4E from WOTC floats my boat...at all. I even passed on the FRCS and MOTP this time around- my games are now in a S&S style homebrew (based on the Nentir Vale), and I also prefer that same bare bones approach given in the DMG as regards to 4E's cosmology- no need for the extra detail in the MOTP. It's quite liberating and far more enjoyable to go back to a skeleton framework and flesh it out myself- just like the old Greyahwk Folio.

Goodman Games has been getting my 4E money (as well as some of the 3E PDFs that were being pulled), and the rest has been going to Retro-clone items, and Fight On! magazine.

Shadeydm

First Post
So far only the core gift set although if I am still playing a Swordmage when Arcane Power comes out and if it provdes some interesting Swordmage options I might pick it up.

Ktulu

First Post
I've got the core, the FRCS & AV, and the MoP. My players all have the PH, and one has also bought Martial Power, FRPG, and Open Grave (he also bought the core 3).

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Core books, plus the two Forgotten Realms sourcebooks and the Manual of the Planes.

I'm not really all that much interested in rules expansions, but I'm always up for some new and inspiring setting material.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads