• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Have your RPG character come to life

ERoy

First Post
I will be attending my first gaming convention in a few weeks, and I will be a local guest artist there. This is my first foray into gaming art (although I do professional sketch work locally) and I'm looking for some sample work to take with me.

What I would like from this group is submissions of character sheets and a description of physical characteristics/clothing and personality. I can take those descriptions and turn them into sketches I can show as examples at the con.

I do not have a scanner yet, so I do not have examples of my work. However, those I do pick I would send a copy of the completed work so you can see what I have done.

Keep in mind I will be displaying the art at the convention, so while I will not be selling the sketches of your character, they will be on display (with your name/username listed as owning the character and the character sheet)

No money will change hands. I'm not trying to sell sketches to you all, just trying to get inspiration from some of the imaginative people I've ever seen on the net.

Any genre, and RPG system is on the table If you want to send me a Rifts, or Vampire character, or a D&D/fantasy one, I'll read them all. My fiance can translate any character sheet that is sent.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to get some submissions soon.

Thank you,

Kelly (from Eric's account) (also posted elsewhere)

buddhafrog

First Post
Good luck with your character drawings. I have been DM'ing for ESL students in Korea. It has gone amazingly well. I have one special class with two kids plus my son - here is their info for your inspiration/consideration. Are you asking us to send you their DDI/Character Builder sheet -- could you open it?

Are you doing all individual pictures or are you also doing group pictures - from what I've heard D&D party pictures are decent sellers, as the DM or one party member might buy the picture and give to the group.

Here is a picture of the minis used.

Redmoon, a former body guard haunted by his past failure in protecting his former boss. He has grown into a protective, courageous fighter. Early in in adventuring career, he was given a golden helmet which could blind enemies (if melee atk rolled "1"). This golden helmet has led to golden color chain mail. He uses a bastard sword, sometime one-handed, but usually two-handed. He and his party are being hunted by powerful Drow (political and military back story here about an invading Drow nation which the local King has compromised with). He has come to cut the hair off of Drow who have failed in their hunt, and weaved this hair into a think white sash that he wears over his right shoulder to his left hip. He now wears this into towns, to the awe of locals, and is increasingly prone to intimidate weaker foes through his growing confidence.

Dhron, a 1/2 elf two-weapon ranger. He sees himself as a hybrid rogue, and his clothing is dark and secretive, and he mostly remains hidden. He just picked up an evil looking Orc-slayer dagger which glows red when orcs are near. He is confident and prone to take many risks. His clothing is similar to the mini.

Achemage, is an Eladrin wizard who is being hunted viscously. He never shows his face in fear that people would then be able to recognize him. He is a master of Ice and Lightning. His staff is topped with a brilliant, flickering stone of lightning, when commanded. He is overly brash, quick to act, and believes he will someday be the land's greatest wizard - true or not. He is chaotic and sometimes pulled by dark forces is his desire to gain more power.

buddhafrog

First Post
Good luck with your character drawings. I have been DM'ing for ESL students in Korea. It has gone amazingly well. I have one special class with two kids plus my son - here is their info for your inspiration/consideration. Are you asking us to send you their DDI/Character Builder sheet -- could you open it?

Are you doing all individual pictures or are you also doing group pictures - from what I've heard D&D party pictures are decent sellers, as the DM or one party member might buy the picture and give to the group.

Here is a picture of the minis used.

tower+minis+small.jpg

Redmoon, a former body guard haunted by his past failure in protecting his former boss. He has grown into a protective, courageous fighter. Early in in adventuring career, he was given a golden helmet which could blind enemies (if melee atk rolled "1"). This golden helmet has led to golden color chain mail. He uses a bastard sword, sometime one-handed, but usually two-handed. He and his party are being hunted by powerful Drow (political and military back story here about an invading Drow nation which the local King has compromised with). He has come to cut the hair off of Drow who have failed in their hunt, and weaved this hair into a think white sash that he wears over his right shoulder to his left hip. He now wears this into towns, to the awe of locals, and is increasingly prone to intimidate weaker foes through his growing confidence.

Dhron, a 1/2 elf two-weapon ranger. He sees himself as a hybrid rogue, and his clothing is dark and secretive, and he mostly remains hidden. He just picked up an evil looking Orc-slayer dagger which glows red when orcs are near. He is confident and prone to take many risks. His clothing is similar to the mini.

Achemage, is an Eladrin wizard who is being hunted viscously. He never shows his face in fear that people would then be able to recognize him. He is a master of Ice and Lightning. His staff is topped with a brilliant, flickering stone of lightning, when commanded. He is overly brash, quick to act, and believes he will someday be the land's greatest wizard - true or not. He is chaotic and sometimes pulled by dark forces is his desire to gain more power.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads