• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hawk the Slayer sequel

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
One of those rare occasions where it's impossible for the sequel to be worse than the original. :)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I don't understand all the hate for Hawk the Slayer. I thought it was a great film when it came out, and it is still a good film today. It was so close to the standard low-level D&D setting in many ways. I enjoyed the acting, the characterisation and the story.

Farganger

First Post
All I really recall about seeing this movie as a kid was the so-called "giant" eating a fishing in one gulp, the ugly elf shooting his arrows in rapid fire (thanks a none-too-subtle bit of film looping), and a sword that a hand coming out of the hilt and holding a magic rock or something (maybe that was another movie altogether).

"Ugly elf"? What the . . .?

The heroic-but-angst-ridden elf, my misguided friend, was portrayed by Ray Charleson: "Crow", from the Silver Wood (now burnt and blackened, as I recall).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads