Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"The killing's- cawllateral," explains Sloor as an aside, his attention still wholly focused on Mir's back. "The spirks we kill getting in and awt." (And some of us in this room too if we're not frekking careful, frankly!) "*Unless* we stawp and frekking daw this *right*, sra." Projecting his voice forward on that last part, clearly trying to punch through to the blond woman's stubborn ears.

<Response Mir?>

Even TB drifts in, perhaps alerted by all the noise. It takes a spot to the right of the entrance, surveying the scene with its usual casual electronic interest.

OOC: Possum, TB will keep watch on the prisonners. Should they stir or show signs of awareness, he'll discreetely alert the others.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius regards the clone armour dubiously.

"To be honest, I won't fight as well if I'm hampered by that," he says, "but as I've said before, tactics and stealth are not my forte. If you think the disguise will work, I will go along with the original plan."

Songdragon

Explorer
"Well... there is a plan of sorts... And torture and murder is rather different than killing in the defense of yourself or another. Yes it is a fine line, but there is that line none the less." she says to Sloor.

Mir looks to the other, "We could always try a combination of the disguise and us.... Having the troopers making those of us not disguised do what they want. A compromise of each, considering some of us cannot use the disguises and it lays the blame in the Imperials."

She looks to Mack, "Would I fit in that armor?"

Binder Fred

Sloor blinks, and then frowns, trying to work out what she said in his head... "What? The rescue's not defending,it's attacking." Isn't it? Pretty clear the 'torture and murder' bits are being laid on his and Mack's doorsteps though; unfair as that seems to him: "And why daw you think I wanted you taw- And nawbawdy said anything abawt any frecsing murder!"

And then he gets it (or maybe some of what Mack just said finally sinks in): she thinks he's still talking pro-interrogation, against the rescue! Which, granted, he was sort of doing *just that* five minutes ago, before she pulled her pin out... "Fawrget abawt her <the negotiator>. I'm talking abawt dawing the actual frecsing *cawrpsicle rescue* right," he corrects in a much calmer voice. "Awr are thawse killings gawing taw be awf the defensive type too?"

(Alright, so maybe not *entirely* calm: the woman can be a real knot of contradictions sometimes).

<Response Mir?>

OOC: Possum, could we get a description of what the clones were wearing? i.e is it full clone armor or what? I seem to recall their faces being bare a fair number of times, so maybe the helmets were clipped somewhere?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack looks at Mir and Darius.

"Darius would fit, even if he is a bit skinny. Unfortunately, babe, you are on the small side and it would look funny. I still think you should wear her uniform, though. Easier to adjust. You don't have to play her, pretend to be another Impy officer chick."

"I still think Darius should wear the armor anyway. If our cover is blown, then he can ditch it and we fight our way out."

"But the idea is to not to blow our cover. So if it is harder to fight that way, you can use grenades or something and let me do the heavy lifting in that department. As long as I don't get hit in the head again." He raps his gloved fist on the helmet.

"We will be fine. Beside, I am wearing this helmet now to keep that from happening."

"Let's wake the Imp up and see what she says. Mir can always order her to talk, no torture necessary. Then we can stun her again to keep her from escaping Captain Okeefe."

The soldier is not seeing any moral problems with these plans.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

possum

First Post
[sblock=Binder Fred]
OOC: Possum, could we get a description of what the clones were wearing? i.e is it full clone armor or what? I seem to recall their faces being bare a fair number of times, so maybe the helmets were clipped somewhere?

For the most part, they were helmet-less, but they were wearing standard clone trooper armor. You were able to find the helmets as well. And I've made a note of TB watching the prisoners[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius only pauses for a moment to think.

"You're right Mack," he says. "If we're fighting then something has already gone wrong." He turns a piece of the white armour in his hand. "Um... give me a hand putting it on?" he asks meekly.

Binder Fred

Sloor matter-of-factly lifts the main part of the armor up high so Darius can get under and slide in: "Just a thawght here spirks, but why get ready here instead awf, you knaw, *there*? *We* can get in an awt withawt a fuss. *They*," by the head movement he probably means the disguised them, "nawt saw much. I'm thinking the less time anybawdy has a chance taw recawgnize us, the better," especially given how much the four of them have been running around in the limelight since they came to this wetball, to Darga's palace in perticular... "Saw: smuggle the disguises in, get the cawrpsicles defrawsted, smuggle them back awt as awerselves -- rawlled up in rugs awr sawmething." Lightbulb: "AWR in TB's cargaw basket...?"

<Response Darius, any?>

When Mack mentions using Mir's talents in the interrogation, Sloor at first just quickly steps out of the direct line between the two humans. Well, maybe Mack will have better luck than he did... "What abawt drugs thawgh, sra? We *could* get her all woozy and vulnerable... Nawthing like interrawgation-grade stuff, sure, but TB should at least be able taw get her high, her defences dawn... And if nawt, there's bawund to be dealers available *sawmewhere* in this frekking suspended city, right?" (Frek. He must be a glutton for punishment or something...)

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Go in as the Crimson Fists, come out as the Imperials?" says Darius. He shrugs, rattling his clone armour plates. "Could work." He looks to the others for their reactions.

Remove ads