Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"In *and* awut as the Crimson Fists." With the Imperials only in the crucial middle parts... Though that's a good point, one he hadn't thought about first flush: "You really think they'll want taw escawrt us awt with the cawrpsicles awr sawmething?" Worrying thought.

<Response Darius?>

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"To add to that... How about two go in as Imperials, we dress those in the carbonite in the outfits so two Imperials come out as well. Hide them in plain sight so to speak." Mir suggests.

Binder Fred

(Earlier, Mess Hall)
OOC: Edited this post with Possum's info/permission. The main bits for Mir and Darius are repeated below for convenience. Note that none of them has seen Sloor's message yet.
Sloor comes into the mess hall from the cockpit and quickly summarises his results for them.

"I guess we continue on our own initiative for now, then," says Darius with a shrug at the captain's response.

"Guess we daw," agrees Sloor... "Guess it's also time to see what Mack's been doing during all this," he reluctantly continues. Guess they *should* leave the message-checking/message-sending for afterwards, in case they do learn something *major* out of the agent. He heads to the cargo hold where they stashed the stunned ones (and one very dead one, unfortunately).

"I'll wait here... thanks," Mir says as the others make their way to interrogate the negotiator.

[Insert Scene Connect here :cool:]

(Now, Cargo Hold)
"To add to that... How about two go in as Imperials, we dress those in the carbonite in the outfits so two Imperials come out as well. Hide them in plain sight so to speak." Mir suggests.
Sloor shrugs: "I'm thinking 'taw carbsicles gaw awut of the dugean dawr and disappear intaw thin air''s a better stawry myself, sra. Easier taw pull awff too: the less anybawdy sees awf anything that's nawt- itself, the frekking better. That's Canman 101 fawr you spirks... If you insist thawgh." Another shrug. "Haw would that gaw? And could we discuss it sitting down in the Mess hall maybe?" Frek if he'll show it to anybody, but he's begining to feel like he would rather have gone for a nap at this point of the day/lack of night than a full on plunge down the raptor's maw... Guess which one he's going to get though?

OOC: I think you missed two (possibly three) Mir-reply posts, [MENTION=23494]Songdragon[/MENTION]: here, and here (last paragraph) plus here (last paragraph).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack doesn't get any answers from Mir, unsure why. Seeing the ideas really not getting anywhere fast, he works on bringing the stunned woman around to consciousness.

"I want to hear what this woman has to say before we settle on any plan. We went through the effort of capturing her, getting sidetracked by other things has us going round and round."

"If we do decide to use the Impy armor, it will take time to put on. About four or five minutes, but you can cut that way down by putting on the body glove first. If necessary. Doesn't sound like we need to pose as Imperials after all."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius stands holding the piece of piece of clone armour, and doesn't move for a what seems like ages, apart from the muscles by the side of his jaw. Several times he opens his mouth as if to say something and then thinks again.

Finally he lets out a deep breath through his nose and carefully lays the armour aside.

"Very well," he says. "See what you can find before we act further."

Binder Fred

When Mack moves to start waking the stunned negotiator, Sloor lays a hand on the soldier's arm, another scratching at the back of his muscular neck self-consciously: "Think Mir needs sawme time taw let that bit simmer a bit, Mack man. I tried taw bring up the subject befawre and... it didn't gaw taw well," he admits sotto voce, like it's a personal failure of his or something. "She's really, *really* marbling hawt taw get thawse jedi's awt *naw*. Sawme sawrt awf premawnitian thing maybe? Frek if I knaw. But... You think it'd really be saw bad taw daw the interrawgatian thing afterwards? She'll be calmer by then." A slightly-worried look back to the blond vortex pulsating at their backs... "I think."

<Response Mack?>

"As fawr the planning, you lawst me there."
Probably because he wasn't in on those first conversations? "Why dan't we need taw pawse as imperials anymawre? And another bit I missed while we're at it: what are we saying taw the dungeon guards when we get there exactly?"

[sblock=To speed things up, here is Sloor's view of the plan as stated/imagined in his head]1. Mack and Darius slip on the body socks, Mir gathers everything she needs for her disguise. Everything else we load into TB (plus another container if needed).
2. Walk into Darga's palace as ourselves
3. Change into costume in our quarters while TB/Sloor stand watch outside
4. Imp impersonators go down to the dungeon, bring the corpsicles back up to our rooms. Still with TB/Sloor on look-out (or for a timely distraction if need be)
5. Wake up the corpsicles, change back into ourselves.
6. Walk out of Darga's palace as ourselves with the jedi's stashed in TB's cargo basket (probably need two TB trips, but who notices droids anyways?)

Imperials get blamed for disapearing the corpsicles. Minimal traces of the deception left behind. And if the corpsicles really are Demos' stash alone instead of Darga's, then there's really frek all he can do except be suspiscious. :devil: (Assuming we pull of Flawless on it, of course.)[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

MackSmall.jpg

Mack is already wearing a body glove for his modified armor. He straightens from trying to wake the Imperial officer.

"Hell, I have no idea what you all have been talking about. Darius here keeps confusing things. So don't go asking me questions to my questions. It doesn't solve anything."

"Mir, tell me what's going on?"

"If you don't want us torturing the prisoner, then let's use your mind warping trick on her."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mack Granger
DP:
4 (Rescue) FP: 5
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing but a speeder

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to the others and gives a shrug... Looks to mack with a sigh and says, "I guess so."

[sblock] Why not wake the jedi up before coming back up... moving about, into our previous quarters at that, with carbontie blocks will get us noticed in a big way. Whichever though, lets get this done.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

The besalisk glances at her with some surprise... and then a touch of bother: passive-aggressive is simply *not* his thing... But still, "See? She's literally *pawpping* with enthusiasm. Daw the frekking interrawgatian later, Mack man, and we'll all be happier, trust me. We wan't get anything awt awf *her* awn the cawrpsicles anyways," he concludes, almost reasonably. Her being the negotiator. (So that shouldn't change whatever the frek their plan is on that side of things, right?)

OOC: I suggest we vote on the next thing to do, since everything seems pretty much said, right? Corpsicle Rescue or Interrogation? I vote Corpsicle Rescue.

Moved the planning discussion to the OOC thread just in case. :)

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"If I'm confused, it's because of the disturbances in the Force coming from those frozen captives," says Darius. He glances at Mir, half-suspecting that her recalcitrance has the same source. "Everything cell in my body is screaming at me to rescue them first. Sloor's right, we captured the Imperials so that our people could get information from them at leisure, not to help us with the rescue. Enough to-ing and fro-ing, we get those ... carbsicles." He voices the neologism with distaste.

Remove ads