Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

possum

First Post
OOC: 7,000 credits is the payoff from your prematch gambling, to be split between all of you.

IC: Through the gates you go, into the throng of well-wishers who enjoyed your performance in the arena. Darga's dais moves back to its normal position and he looks on to you, proud. "I do believe that is the most money that I've made on my own fights since I brought in the Kell Dragon seven years ago. Jabba was there and demanded one of his own."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Cheer rises into Roar.
He's done it!

Mir merely nods her head in acceptance. She moves to the besalisk's side and comments quietly, "Sorry to jump in there, but it seemed an opportune time to end this."
Sloor leans sideways without taking his attention off the crowd and chuckles, "You gawt taw let the males get a *little bit* awf the frecsing glawry, Sra."

<Response Mir?>

"Sloor, buddy, this is a good idea on getting the crowd to acclaim us. Nice work."
"Naw *that* was a frekking FIGHT!" replies that worthy, still running on whatever his kind uses for adrenaline. "Didn't think we were gawing taw make it there fawr a mawment... but we frekking, marbling did!" He nods up to Darga and waves: "Think it'll be enawght fawr him taw fawrget the Force use?"

<Response Mack?>

He nods as Mir suggests exiting the arena. But, he stumbles for a second, feeling momentarily woozy for a moment. He feels something moist on his upper lip, a salty, with a faint trace of iron taste. Blood.

Eh, must be a nose bleed. What the frak?
Sloor steadies him. "You alright, Mack man? Didn't think they even scratched you in there..."

<Response Mack?>

OOC: Bit short on time tonight, folks. Look forward to the Darga and Raden segments tomorrow, assuming nobody feels inpired before then. :)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack still wearing his helmet, his voice soft over the external speaker.

"I'm okay. Musta just missed a step or something. Too bad I lost cool points, maybe no one else noticed."

"I agree, Sloor. Hopefully our show makes them overlook ah... certain strange events."

<cough, cough>... "Excuse me. We made some good money, too."

The usual bravado of Mack's voice is not present. Even over the external speaker of his helmet package that tone is normally recognizable. The soldier is a bit distracted by the salty, acidic mucus in his mouth after coughing it up.

Bah! I am invincible, it must be nothing.

Mack is still young and in his prime, he tries to shake it off, roll his shoulders and pretend nothing is wrong.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 4
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

Weapon in Hand: Blaster Rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

[Glory]
"Just a little, huh?" Mir comments to Sloor.
"We'll steal the rest awn awer awn," agrees the besalisk. "We ain't *tawtally* useless."

Darga looks down at Warrick Raden. "You managed to survive without a single scratch," the Hutt continues. "I don't want to see you in this city again. You have one full day..."
"Glad it turned out for the best," comments TB. "Here is my comm code, should you have any further insights into the nature of the universe."

They still have his on file, of course...

OOC: Note: if nobody's taking the energy shield away from him, TB is keeping it. He will, in fact try NOT to attract attention so that nobody *will* ask for the shield back. :) Take10 on Stealth for a 19.
Mack still wearing his helmet, his voice soft over the external speaker. "I'm okay. Musta just missed a step or something. Too bad I lost cool points, maybe no one else noticed."
"I can always carry you awt in my arm if you want the tawtal effect," offers the big alien. "Sit dawn awver there and TB'll give you the awnce awver," he offers. "Case you gawt stuck with a bit awf shrapnel in an interresting place awr sawmething." The high explosives *were* flowing rather free in there.

<Response Mack?>

OOC: If Mack let's him, TB will do a diagnostics. Threat injury 24, please.
Darga's dais moves back to its normal position and he looks on to you, proud. "I do believe that is the most money that I've made on my own fights since I brought in the Kell Dragon seven years ago. Jabba was there and demanded one of his own."

<cough, cough>... "Excuse me. We made some good money, too."

"Yeah, saw pay up, Demaws man," grinningly agrees Sloor with a quick side-look Mack's way. He then addresses Darga directly, still grinning: "Seriawsly thawgh, that was a frekkingly nice awne, Nawble Awne: thawse Zayda frekkers knaw their *stuff*!" A pause to draw breath. "Say, naw disrespect, but dawes this Rattatak Champian gig cawme with any - ah - benefits?"

<Response Darga?>

OOC: I make the credit spread 2000 Sloor, 5000 Mack, counting Sloor's percentage on Mack's winnings. :) That's total returns, including the base amount (put another way, Sloor has won 1500 creds, Mack has won 3500 creds)... Frek, should have bloody put up TB as collateral on a high-interrest loan! ;)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack waves away the assistance. "Not now, I didn't get hit with shrapnel. When we get some privacy, maybe then. We don't want the Crimson Fists to appear weak."

"Besides, I am okay."
Though his tone leaves that last statement with some uncertainty.

The soldier collects his winnings and gives Sloor his percentage.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 3 (Rescue) FP: 4
Init: +8 Perception: +9
HP: 47 (16 Threshold) Current: 47 CT: 0
Reflex: 20 (18ff) Fort: 16 Will: 14

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
"a 50,000 credit payday to the winning team," Darga answers through his translator droid. "If you survive..." He turns to his majordomo, the Neimoidian nodding as he's called away for a second from paying the gamblers.

"Demos, show our guests to their quarters."

Binder Fred

Mack waves away the assistance. [...] "Besides, I am okay." Though his tone leaves that last statement with some uncertainty.
"Naw blawd that I can see," agrees the other with a good-natured shrug. Four-arms reach out and enfold Darius plus Mack, hugging them tight on each side of the big alien: "Alright! Let's gaw get plastered, spirks. We've frecsing *earned* it!"

Even if Darga eventually ends up fingering them as Force users, *this* night is still theirs!

"a 50,000 credit payday to the winning team," Darga answers through his translator droid. "If you survive..."
Sloor looses some of his grin: "Saw we ain't the champions yet?"

<Response Darga?>

OOC: Since we've just defeated Darga's top team, I though *WE* were now the Rattatak Champions (hence Sloor's original question).

EDIT= Does Darga (or Demos) show any signs of looking at Mir at all weird?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack nods some appreciation on the assessment that he isn't leaking blood from any visible places.

"Sloor, buddy, the Crimson Fists are champions. Even is we have to beat some more alleged champions to prove it."

"By the Galaxy, let's get frescin' plastered as you said."

He looks askance at Mir, wondering if she gets really inebriated whether he will get a shot. He is feeling rather frisky in the aftermath of their gladiatorial debut.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
"Naw blawd that I can see," agrees the other with a good-natured shrug. Four-arms reach out and enfold Darius plus Mack, hugging them tight on each side of the big alien: "Alright! Let's gaw get plastered, spirks. We've frecsing *earned* it!"

Even if Darga eventually ends up fingering them as Force users, *this* night is still theirs!

Sloor looses some of his grin: "Saw we ain't the champions yet?"

<Response Darga?>

OOC: Since we've just defeated Darga's top team, I though *WE* were now the Rattatak Champions (hence Sloor's original question).

EDIT= Does Darga (or Demos) show any signs of looking at Mir at all weird?

OOC: You're not the champions of Rattatak, but you have "qualified" for the team arena event in several months if you don't tick Darga off in the meantime. And if either Darga or Demos looked at Mir weird for any Force abilities, it was when you were unable to see it.

Remove ads