Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Tomorrow it is," says Darius. "Go easy on these poor saps, my friend."
The besalisk snorts, gesturing to Gol Karg shovelling last round's pot into his pants: "I'll frecsing say it again: these spirks are tawgher than they look, Darius man!" Then, in a burst of visionary genius: "I'll be lucky taw break even... TAW BREAKING EVEN, YOU FREKKERS!"

The last things Darius hears as he wanders away towards his room are the raucous echoes of alien laughter and the manly crashing of glasses.

"It would appear there are 'others', two close to one another, and another. Question is, what do we do now. Attempt contact? Go looking? And who is friend or foe?" She takes a breath, "We will need to tell Sloor and Mack, though both are more than a little... intoxicated at present."
Sloor suddenly coughs, looks around as if he's missing something but doesn't quite know what it is... and then...

"Frek it." He's off, chucking his discarded fur-trimmed jacket back on as he goes.

After a parting nod to the few remaining gamers, TB glides to rejoin his wake, wearing the mechanical equivalent of a self-satisfied smirk. "Workshop?" it questions, the very definition of rhetorical.

OOC: Is there anybody left in the workshop at this late hour, possum? If so: "You seen a cawple awf humans gaw by here, spirk?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
She looks at the Jedi and consider, "That may be, but they trust me. And in a place like this, " she waves her hands out to indicate the Hutt's palace, "They will either be a nasty bunch or captives of some kind. I would rather have them watching our backs then not."

Darius stares into space for a moment, evidently considering something.

"Well," he says finally, "you know then better than me. We'll see if we can stir them." He slides his lightsaber into its hidden holster and, as an afterthough, draws on his holster with its heavy blaster in it. Gesturing to the door he adds "Shall we?"

Binder Fred

A crackle. "I prefer to think of it the other way around, but yes... As happens, he's looking for you right now."

There's definite amusement in the droid's voice on that last part.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir lets out a laugh as she continues, "Could you and Sloor please meet us at Mack's quarters?"

She leads Darius back to Mack's quarters and enters without knocking...

Binder Fred

"You seen a cawple awf humans gaw by here, spirk?" is what Sloor is saying at the moment, looking down on a very, very old cleaning droid in the half-lit workshop. "Say 'bout yay high?" A pair of hands indicate two different heights at the same time.

"Beeboop, whee too plee," flashing red and blue lights.

"Fine, fine." A pause. "What'd it say?"

"We are invited into Mack's quarters for a late nightcap."

A notably longer pause, a look back at the cleaning droid... "Friend of Mack's, is it?"

"Comm," explains TB, belatedly taking pity.

The besalisk's smile slowly returns: "Naw that's mawre like it!"

"Perhaps 'nightcap' was the wrong word to use?" thoughtfully posits the hover droid to its mechanical opposite, but Sloor is already gone.

***​

Some few minutes later, after nearly getting lost twice in the frekingly unfamiliar corridors (good thing TB went on the recon mission earlier (and that it hasn't been celebrating, contrarily to somebody)), the two are finally free to ring the admittance button on Mack's door: "Hawsekeeping!"

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack is dreaming and murmuring in his sleep, "..oh baby... yes, do that... oooo... just like that... yeah... eh? Not yet?... yeaaahhhh."

He stirs at the noise, "What the frak?... Go AWAY!"

Too late to get back to his fun dream of working to fix and repair a driod, he grumbles and gets up to let the drekhead, whoever it is, in.

"I could have sworn, Mir was in here," he grumbles as he notices he is alone. Trudging to the door in his boxer short, he opens it and declares, "Yeah, what do you want?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: nothing

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

It's Sloor, of course, big as life and looking to be in a despicably good mood too, judging by the grin. "Hey, you're the awne whaw invited us, Mack man."

"It was Mir, actually," corrects TB from its greater height. "And Darius as well." Is that just a hint of sardonic enjoyment in its voice? "They implied they would be here."

"Well... frek." It's taken a while, but only two things he can think of that would bring this many consenting adults together this late at night -- and somehow Mir and Darius don't seem the type for number one. "We're cawming in." And he does.

[sblock=OOC]Think you missed this bit Perrin: "She leads Darius back to Mack's quarters and enters without knocking...". I'm thinking there's more people in your appartment than you think. ;)[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir arrives with Darius in tow right behind Sloor. She moves into the room and moves aside to admit Darius before closing the door.

"Sorry to pull you away from whatever you might have been doing, but we," she motions to Darius and herself, "We were awakened by at least two like myself." She hopes that Sloor and Mack understand as she avoids using certain terms or words aloud.

"Looking for them, there are two close together. There is also another within Darga's palace. I do not know if any are like us or those taking a darker path. Darius believes we should look for the pair." Mir comments as she closes her eyes a moment to see if that is a good choice or not.

(( Use the Force (Search my feelings to know if going after the pair is the right thing to do.) 1d20+14=21 ))

"We also have our task to complete as well... I am not sure how this might affect the other." She says looking to the four assembled before her.

Binder Fred

Mir arrives with Darius in tow right behind Sloor. She moves into the room and moves aside to admit Darius before closing the door.
"TB, vid-vox," orders Sloor when he sees her face.

"Engaged." There is a fading hum as the scrambler kick on.

OOC: Vid-vox scrambler engaged.
"We also have our task to complete as well... I am not sure how this might affect the other." She says looking to the four assembled before her.
The besalisk actually breathes a sigh of relief, dropping to a somewhat sprawled seat at the head of Mack's rumpled bed: "You're frecsing murder awn the nerves sawmetimes, Sra. Fawr a cawple of beats there-" He lets that drop, taking the time to slap and shake himself to at least passable mental awareness, though he does look... tired all of a sudden. "I take it they weren't at the party with the rest?"

«Assuming not:
"Saw you're thinking prisawners." Rubbing at what looks to be the equivalent of temples for his species.

"Or persons with good taste?" mentions TB for completeness' sake, before catching its owner's raised browridge... "'Personnel on duty' then?"

<Response Darius and/or Mir?>

Last edited:

Remove ads