Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: Thanks Possum. :)
The big green one is actually a little miffed nobody else sees the humour in here: "I'd expect it frawm Darius," he rumbles, "but you spirks are far too frecsing sawber fawr your awn gawd!" He shakes his head, then actually reaches back through the doorway to snag one of the (few) remaining bottles - a crystal clear deal with some rampant label in burnt silver - and takes a long pull before starting to make the dungeon rounds!

«Alcohol attack against Sloor: 1d20+5=8. Blast it, no effects! ;) Alcohol is at +6 next round.

"Why? What is happening?" questions TB's voice from a spot at Sloor's waist.

"Two human sras frawzen in carbawnite," replies the besalisk, sotto voce. "Both in tunics, but awne with a lawt mawre wrinkles than the awther." Older, probably.

"Apprentice and master?"

"Cawld be... Hey Mack, tawss me awne awf thawse glaw stick thingies, will you? Can't you - I dawn't knaw - slaw dawn your thawghts taw their level awr sawmething, Sra? They've awbviawsly been thinking at *you*!" Or is it more like a long, drawn out scream of psychic pain when one of the Force-spirks gets frozen like that? By their expression, it ain't exactly a Spiran holiday in there...

OOC: Assuming he gets a glow rod tossed his way, Sloor will start to inspect the dungeon walls, ceilings (and, why not, floors) for anything unusual, sure (the blood?), but mostly for a way to get back in here without having to cross the guard station again. Say with the careful application of a block of detonite or three...? Lightsaber slice would do as well, of course. Consult Mack if a Mechanics\Demolition roll is needed, please... Anything?

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"So... what now then? If we release them, we show our hand. If we do not it may be much harder to do so next time we try. Especially if we have been detected at any point of getting here." she says with some concern.

Mir looks down at the two individuals. Clearing her mind she looks to the older and tries to contact her with the Force... She sends her emotions of empathy and wanting to help (( 1d20+14=28 ))

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Catch up section:

Darius takes the keycard from Sloor without a word, just raises one eyebrow and gives the tiniest hint of a smirk.

OOC: Back in the room:

Darius stares at the two forms, his face impassive.

"If it's them...," he says in an awed whisper, "they could send with the Force. Some part of them must be ... aware!" He grimaces at the horror of the situation. Gently he reaches out and touches his hand to the forehead of the older one, trying to reach out with his awareness.

possum

First Post
The frozen older being sends out a wave of Force energy, simply brushing Mir and Darius through the Force to acknowledge their presence.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Pulling one out of utility belt, Mack hands the glow rod to Sloor so he and everyone else can see better.

He remarks, "I too think we might blow our cover if we let them out."

Nothing like restating the obvious, the soldier takes a look at the equipment. "You don't suppose this what Darga is planning to hand over to the imps when they get here? Probably a really good bargaining chip, for damn sure."

OOC: Take 10 on Mechanics/Use Computer (+10) if necessary.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Dr Simon

Explorer
Without taking his eyes off the imprisoned women, Darius holds out the key card to anyone vaguely behind him.

"Sloor, do you think you can make a copy of this, or arrange things so that we can leave it back with the guards like we've never been here, but still be able to get back in when we want?"

Songdragon

Explorer
As the Force presence washes over her she looks to Darius and then back to those within the carbonite. She scans the controls and then looks in Sloor's and Mack's direction and then back to the controls and thinks, "Maybe I should just get them out now. Sloor, Mack, they would be pissed but what about them. They do not deserved to be trapped." She fights the inner struggle in her mind as she raises a hand and then lowers it more than once and gazes at the others as she considers what should be done.

In but a barely audible whisper she asks no one in particular, "What should I do."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"If it's them...," Darius says in an awed whisper, "they could send with the Force. Some part of them must be ... aware!"
"Hu, could have swawrn I just said that," mentions Sloor, mostly for himself (and maybe for TB). Bottle in hand (upper left), he starts walking the perimeter of the room «rooms?» with Mack's glow rod erratically flicking this way and that as he looks about, searching for anything *else* of interest while they're here... and for something in particular too.

OOC: Search as described above, please, including the blood on the far wall.

Oh, and welcome back Dr. Simon. :)
The soldier takes a look at the equipment. "You don't suppose this what Darga is planning to hand over to the imps when they get here? Probably a really good bargaining chip, for damn sure."
"Gawdwill present," distractedly theorizes the besalisk as he pears up at a crumbling section of dungeon wall. The slug and the Empire are already supposed to be in bed together after all...

Without taking his eyes off the imprisoned women, Darius holds out the key card to anyone vaguely behind him. "Sloor, do you think you can make a copy of this, or arrange things so that we can leave it back with the guards like we've never been here, but still be able to get back in when we want?"
Now *that* gives the besalisk cause to pause. Marbling frek: longterm planning?! Really? Too frekking good to be true! "You get the feeling Keytan would have already pressed every buttan in here, Mack man...? But 'naw': much as I'd like taw, I can't frecsing cawpy a keycard just by looking at it." Now *that*'d be a skill that'd fetch a pretty premium... if he had it. A splash of drink down the throat. "I was actually thinking *you* could cut your way in next time arawnd... awr dawn, fawr that matter." He flicks the rod up so it draws a semi-perfect circle of light on the ceiling... But just about then Mir's form - up until now just a dimly, control-lit figure beyond the jedi's own - catches his attention. (Not that she was very far from his thoughts, granted.)

As the Force presence washes over her she looks to Darius and then back to those within the carbonite. She scans the controls and then looks in Sloor's and Mack's direction and then back to the controls and thinks, "Maybe I should just get them out now. Sloor, Mack, they would be pissed but what about them. They do not deserved to be trapped." She fights the inner struggle in her mind as she raises a hand and then lowers it more than once and gazes at the others as she considers what should be done.

In but a barely audible whisper she asks no one in particular, "What should I do."
Frek. Part of him was expecting that; was frecsing afraid of that... Not even surprising, really. Since she hasn't done anything rash yet (and she never does, come to think of it (which is a frecsing shame)), Sloor takes the time to step around to her other side so he ends up standing close... close enough anyway, looking down at her blond head. Gives you time to think too...

Not that it does him any frekking good in this particular case. Ever so softly, "Haw abawt a line abawt the greater gawd...? I've gawt awne too abawt the unwise packaging awf pricey but fragile food items, if you want."

<Response Mir?>

OOC: Possum, have any in the group been to the area immediately above the prison during their pre-supper recon, or can they deduce where it is/how to get there?

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I was actually thinking *you* could cut your way in next time arawnd... awr dawn, fawr that matter."

Darius turns around to look at Sloor, eyebrows raised in mock surprise.

"I could," he says. "But I thought you preferred subtle?"

[Sblock=OOC]
Is there anything about these figures that signifies them as Jedi (or any other Force-using tradition). Come to that, does Darius recognise either of them?
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

At the mention of Keyton, Mack smirks, "No drek, buddy. That guy would have been slicing up the guards and we'd already be watching the defrosting in action."

In considering what they can do next, the soldier suggests, "To get them out, we also need plausible deniability or a good alibi, while also finding a good patsy to take the blame."

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads