Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
She looks to Sloor and is somehow comforted and a little surprised at the caring side of the besalisk. "Yes... and no. You do not want to come to rely on 'it', but use when the need is there. Otherwise 'others' take notice."
"Try it naw." He goes to add something, hesitates - bits of that thrumming/uncertain feeling back in his chest - reluctantly folds his arms back in and, with the defiant air of a man who would rather not, adds: "Please."

(And won't they all be imperially frekked if it goes off on the wrong side of things? Just what the frek does he think he's doing?) He hesitates again as Mir turns towards the black coffins <I assume/correct me>... "Are they suffering?" Probably not, or she would be a lot more certain about her course of action, but let's at least establish that first (and beforehand, right?).

<Response Mir?>

"But as for the overall plan to get a patsy, I got nothing so far. But, I know who I would try to blame; those frakheads we tangled with in the arena."
Sloor, in the process of downing a swallow, coughs, spilling clear drink over himself: "Really?" He wipes his chin with one of his many forearms. "I rather *like them*. RX's a frecsing jerk, sure - ain't the first time he's gawne heavy an the friendly fire, way I hear it (gawd call an that awne, Sra) - but the Kargs are a frecsing nice bunch awf spirks!" He suddenly chuckles, "Did you see the way Darg hit me clean acrawss half the marbling arena? Naw *that's* a fighter! Prawd awf their wawrk too, the bunch awf them -- and their stawggies ain't half bad either..." He's grinning wide now, daring Mack to contradict.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir nods to Sloor, "Alright."

(( Use the Force check for Search Your Feelings (take 10, for a 24) - Release the two individuals from carbonite now.

(( Use the Force check for Search Your Feelings (take 10, for a 24)- Do not release the two now and return to getting info on Sarlacc project ))

Binder Fred

"Are they suffering?"
But she's already doing her thing and doesn't seem to hear him, lost in whatever it is she does... Well frek. So much for edging your bets with a little reason!

Sloor looks back to Mack and Darius and raises his brows as if to say: What do *you* think our odds are?

<Response Mack and Darius?>

possum

First Post
Mir nods to Sloor, "Alright."

(( Use the Force check for Search Your Feelings (take 10, for a 24) - Release the two individuals from carbonite now.

(( Use the Force check for Search Your Feelings (take 10, for a 24)- Do not release the two now and return to getting info on Sarlacc project ))

You have a really bad feeling that releasing them now could be quite detrimental to the mission.

And now, Darga's translator droid is seen by TB.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack shrugs, not sure what to comment about Mir and her mystic stuff.

But he does have a scoffing retort regarding their opponents, "I don't think the feelings were mutual, buddy."

"If not them, who else can we blame? Be nice to pin the drek on the imps.
"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Sloor... "I did not feel any pain, but then who can tell what being trapped in carbonite is really like. And I 'feel' that it would have been very bad to have attempted to free them at this point." Mir feels a little better but does not seem to like it any less.

Binder Fred

Mir looks to Sloor... "I did not feel any pain, but then who can tell what being trapped in carbonite is really like. And I 'feel' that it would have been very bad to have attempted to free them at this point." Mir feels a little better but does not seem to dislike it any less.
Great. "Saw what's the frecsing prawblem naw, then?" Sometimes there's just no winning, even when the frecsing force dice says you should be raking it in.

<Response Mir?>

But he does have a scoffing retort regarding their opponents, "I don't think the feelings were mutual, buddy."

"Well, that's what happens when you're too cancentrated awn... *awther* stuff, Mack man." He's a bit surprised the man can seriously claim he saw anything but Mir and her glass during the bits where he was actually *in* the party/throne room -- but hey. A grin, "To ZayKar-Four!" And he toasts, draining most of the remaining content. "What did you think, Darius man?"

<Response Darius?>

OOC: Alcohol attacks Sloor: 1d20+6=8... What's with this weak ass :):):):) in your cellars, Darga man? Can't even get a decent buzz from the stuff! ;)
"If not them, who else can we blame? Be nice to pin the drek on the imps."
"There's a thawght! They'll prawbably want taw hawl these taw back taw base after the meet... Anybawdy gawt a tracker awn them awr sawmething?" Maybe this won't have been a complete waste of sweet, sweet sleep after all.

So of course, just at that moment: "Incoming droid."

"Aw frek!" Adrenalin and booze (and a couple of smokes too): he's going to feel like hard vacuum tomorrow, no question. Frantic whispering: "Everybawdy awt! Darius, Sra, you're uh - You're sleeping with the guards. Me and Mack are talking.... Gaw, gaw gaw."

"Walking down the corridor," furnishes TB's voice as they all scramble <I assume>. "Alone... It will reach the steps in about ten seconds... Hasn't seen me... Yet... I'm going dark."

"And I'm telling you: you gawt taw talk taw peopawl mawre befawre you make that kind awf judgement! I mean, you remember Kessra...? We really gawt taw meet that girl again and have a bit awf a... canversatian." Sloor starts talking at a conversional level, partly so that that incoming droid will have something to hear, partly to cover their various scuffing noises as they take their places. Speaking of: Frek, frek, frek, frek frek. No time to put the card back around Three Tops' neck! The besalisk drops it on the weequay's chest, tucking it under a piece of his armoured jacket and hoping there'll be time to fix it before TT wakes up. As it is, he's got just enough time to perch himself on a chair and tilt it back into a relaxed attitude before...

Possum said:
The silver metal of Darga's translator droid comes walking down the stairs. "There you are," he says.
"Hey there, LOM," grins Sloor, teeth a bit tight but bottle still in hand and doing his level best to breathe in a normal manner. "Didn't catch your name back there..." He drops his chair back down to all four legs as an awful thought strikes him (for real too): "Dan't tell me it's frecsing mawrning already?"

<Response protocol droid?>

Last edited:

possum

First Post
"It is not morning, sir, but I have been looking for you all the same. I serve Darga by day and another master by night. I'm sure that you've heard of a Switch in Brentaal station? I do what I can."

The droid takes a memory chip out of his chest chassis. "He says that this is free due to all of the help you've given him. Especially the recent reorganization, whatever that means..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"What did you think, Darius man?"

Darius takes a moment to notice Sloor; his attention seems... elsewhere.

"About what?" he says. "About these?" He gestures to the two figures. "I tried to let them know we would be back, and I think they understood. I'm... not sure, I'm not an expert in this aspect of the Force. Logic seems to say that we leave them for now.

"Or did you mean about the gladiators? They're willing to fight and kill for money and entertainment. Regardless of any bonhomie I think it'd be unwise to treat them as friends."

Later...

Darius hasn't heard of Switch. He watches the majordomo droid impassively, waiting to see how Sloor reacts.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Still being slightly inebriated himself, Mack blurts, "Eh? Did that astromech droid repair the infochant? Or is that little guy just using his name?"

He takes the memory chip and pops it into his datapad, intending to take a quick look to see how much privacy they need to take a better look before the protocol droid continues off about his business once more.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 7
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads