Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[En route]
"Even better," Demos says with a smile. "We bought one. Been using the gas to sell to the Imperials, for the slaves, sadly, as well as using it for our own operations."
"Always wanted taw see awne awf thawse things," lies Sloor through his teeth and hiding it with a self-conscious shrug: well they do look good on the posters, right? Very... station-like, but with clouds instead of stars... "You been there yourself?"

He can see one corner of the buildings surrounding the spaceport coming into view on their left. Time's growing short...

<Response Demos?>

perrinmiller and Dr Simon said:
Mack shrugs as Sloor starts speculating and explains what they learned on the datachips from Demos' safe. [...]

"Much as I would love to deal with it now, we don't want to show our hand too early," says Darius.
"You spirks dawn't knaw genius when you hear it," grouses the besalisk, forcefully dropping back onto his stool -- the lack of back rest almost has him immediately spilling to the floor, but he manages to (barely) catch himself on the wall with a wild gesture: "Whaw!"

TB actually *sniggers*.

"Shut it, will you?"

"While on the subject of geniuses," segs a magnificently unruffled hover droid, "might I remind you all that tibanna gas is carbonite-frozen for transport?"

"Saw?" prompts its owner after a beat, not getting it.

TB's blue optics rotate right and down, pointing at a specific spot about one level down...

"Awh... Awh! You're thinking..." A frecsing *long shot*, but- He turns to Mack and Mir: "That file you just mentionned: we get anything awn the biaw awf thawse taw dawn there awn it? Like *where* they were frawzen fawr example? Who are thawse spirks anyways?" Jedi, like they thought? Investigating clever little Demos' 'operations' on their tibanna-mining platform maybe?

OOC: I guess this is really a question for Possum: *ARE* those things mentionned on the disks acquired by Mack and Mir?

possum

First Post
"The actual processing and 'mining' parts are nowhere near as nice-looking as the more residential stations," Demos says. "And I certainly have been there once," he adds.

OOC: No, it's not mentioned where they were frozen or anything major on who they were.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack shakes his head, "Not a whole lot of help there, sorry."

OOC: Did we turn the disks over to Darga?

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

"The actual processing and 'mining' parts are nowhere near as nice-looking as the more residential stations," Demos says. "And I certainly have been there once," he adds.
(Well, short of coming right out and asking the frekking question... Ah, frek, they got plenty of time to track the thing down, right?)

"Left sawmething taw be desired, uh?"

<Response Demos?>

The four-armed one turns in his seat, gazing distractedly at the closing spaceport (space *yard* would be more appropriate, really). "Banshee shawld be right awver the awther side, taw the right," he tells their droid driver over the intervening seat. "The re-" A sudden smile: "The crimsan awne."

[The meet]
Mack shakes his head, "Not a whole lot of help there, sorry."
"Frek... That *would* have been a frecsing nice little mental flipflawp there, TB. I wouldn't worry too much about the carbonite spirks," he says after a pause and a head shake, addressing the others, "something'll turn up. And if it doesn't, they'll keep." A bit of dark humour in his smile there. But those who know him well enough can see that he might just have some sort of plan in mind.... maybe. "What *dawes* worry me is tawnight: we knaw too frecsing little abawt what Darga, Demos - the imps too while we're at it - What *anybawdy* is planning. Way I see it, we're gawing in there standing awn a frecsing helping awf blind trust. Any way we can at least get the layawt awf the frecsing place? If another group awf assassins strikes tawnight, I want us prepped and prepared."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Then we'll just have to let the Force guide us," says Darius with a calmness that almost seems calculated to be annoying. "I have been worrying about the 'carbonite spirks', as you put it," he adds. "My thought was that they'd be easier to rescue if we kept them frozen, and then defrosted them at our leisure. There's no telling what the process may have done to them; we may need full medical facilities, and we... well, it would be harder to escape if we thawed them and were left with two people who couldn't walk, talk or think clearly." A glimpse of an impish smile crosses his serious face as he adds "Three, if you count Mack."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack looks over at Darius with a raised eyebrow and says, "Eh? I stopped drinking since yesterday, I'll have you know..."

But, his nose starts bleeding again, interrupting whatever it was that he was going to say.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

"TB," is all Sloor has to say to that.

The hover droid advances.

OOC: If Mack will let it, TB will run a full diagnostic on Mack. Take 10 on Treat Injury for a 24.

Remove ads