• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

He actually did it...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Gilligan: You know what my grandmother always said, 'Never criticize anyone else unless you can do better yourself.'
Ginger: That's it! Gilligan, you've done it again!
Gilligan: I don't know what it is that I'm doing, but I sure as heck keep doing it!

Just sub Uwe Boll for Gilligan :lol:

farmboymdp

First Post
I'd reference a quote about a team of monkeys typing Shakespeare given enough time, but I don't think even a team of Uwe Bolls could ever get close. :D

Hand of Evil said:
Odds are not calculating the chance of something happening the first time, that is 50/50. Odds are the calculating that something happens twice!

-unknown
Well, he's already made a few movies prior to this one, so the odds were more in favor of him making yet another pile of steaming crap.

Thanee

First Post
Donovan Morningfire said:
Well, he's already made a few movies prior to this one, so the odds were more in favor of him making yet another pile of steaming crap.

Indeed. If you didn't know this one was directed by him, you certainly wouldn't think so. :)

Of course, he also had a decent budget this time, not sure about the other movies, but the few I know don't look like he did. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Kaodi

Hero
I have my doubts. Also, there are two questions here:

Did he make a movie that was not a piece of garbage?

AND

Did he make a Dungeon Siege movie that was not a piece of garbage.

While the answer to the first may be uncertain, what has been revealed about the plot make the answer to the second a resounding No! by definition. Sounds like Dungeon Siege in name only.

kingpaul

First Post
Thanee said:
He managed to make one decent movie!! :p

It's not stellar or anything, but way, way, way above Uwe Boll's usual crap and I found it quite enjoyable, actually. :)
I didn't think BloodRayne was terrible. Nothing to write home about, but I was decently entertained when I Netflixed it.

Aeric

Explorer
Really? It's not crap?

When I saw the trailer for it, I LMAO'd for ten minutes straight.

I'll definitely have to rent this one now.

Thanee

First Post
Kaodi said:
Sounds like Dungeon Siege in name only.

Can't really say, as I never played the game.

@kingpaul: Face it. Bloodrayne was crap. It might have been entertaining crap, but that doesn't change that. :p

@Aeric: Well, I do not know your tastes or by what standards you measure a movie. It's not Lord of the Rings, but it isn't D&D (or Bloodrayne ;)) either.

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads