Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss adjusts the straps on his shield to make sure it's tightly in place and hefts his morningstar. He's ready to go.

ooc: At least once a judge gives a go ahead. :)

IcyCool

First Post
The sewer grate here may have once had a lock, but that has long since been removed. When the grate is lifted, solid-looking iron rungs form a ladder descending into the partial darkness of the sewers, a small circle of muck visible at the bottom and lit only by the harsh morning sun. The ladder leads down 30 feet to a fairly dry looking ledge, wide enough to allow a humanoid to walk on it. Once down, the group notes that the sewer tunnels are of good size, with an arched ceiling 10 feet high, 5 foot ledges on either side to walk upon, and a 10 foot wide channel of sewage water running through the middle. The faint, echoing sound of dripping water can be heard, but otherwise the tunnels are silent. The group also notes that visibility down here without a light of some sort is only out about 20 feet of shadowy illumination from the grate, descending into darkness after that.

OOC: Please set up a marching order, and decide who is carrying what light sources, if any.

Patlin

Explorer
Marching order... hmm. Here's our cast of characters:

Raven Thorn played by Manzanita; Human Rogue 1/Fighter 1
Anvuss played by Patlin; Warforged Artificer 2
Italimelk played by drothgery; Kalashtar Soulknife 2
Shoot played by El Jefe; Warforged Druid 2
Seat Ib'iza played by Someone; Dwarf Archivist 2

How about Raven, Anvuss, Seat, Italimek, Shoot, and then Fang?

Manzanita

First Post
"I wouldn't mind going first, but I can't fight effectively with my shield while holding a torch. Can anyone else hold it?" If no one else volunteers, Raven will keep the shield on her back and lead with torch and sword. Either way, she's fine with the proposed order. Before she goes under, she makes sure she's got her bearing and knows as well as possible which way to go underground to get to the bakery.

Manzanita

First Post
raven

"I wouldn't mind going first, but I can't fight effectively with my shield while holding a torch. Can anyone else hold it?" If no one else volunteers, Raven will keep the shield on her back and lead with torch and sword. Either way, she's fine with the proposed order. Before she goes under, she makes sure she's got her bearing and knows as well as possible which way to go underground to get to the bakery.

Patlin

Explorer
One benefit of the proposed order is that the first two characters have skill in searching for traps. However, Anvuss's heavy shield will make it difficult for him to carry a torch. If no one else is willing, though, Anvuss could put away his morningstar, relying on his natural slam attack if he needs to hit something.

drothgery

First Post
Patlin said:
How about Raven, Anvuss, Seat, Italimek, Shoot, and then Fang?

I was going to suggest Tali at the front or the back; he's the closest we've got to a pure warrior, and he's got sneaky skills (hide/move silently/listen/spot).

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
Before she goes under, she makes sure she's got her bearing and knows as well as possible which way to go underground to get to the bakery.

OOC: Did you mean Brewery, or are you attacking the bakery and I missed it?

Patlin

Explorer
drothgery said:
I was going to suggest Tali at the front or the back; he's the closest we've got to a pure warrior, and he's got sneaky skills (hide/move silently/listen/spot).

I was thinking Fang would be good for the back, but you could drop behind the wolf if you prefer. Soulknives don't have trapfinding, so probably not the front.

Remove ads