• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: OK, but give Raven a little space in case we set off a trap in spite of her best efforts. Say 10' between Tali and Raven?

IcyCool

First Post
The party quickly sorts out an order, and Raven leads them in the direction of the old brewery. The sewers twist and turn quite a bit, but not enough to fool her sense of direction, and within a few minutes, you arrive at a section of the sewer passage that is barred. The bars don't seem like a new addition to Raven, and the lock on the jail-cell style door fixed in the bars seems to be old and rusty. Raven seems quite confident that as long as she didn't hurry, she could pop the lock with little difficulty. Past the bars you can see that the sewer passage continues forward for 10ft. to a stone wall, where a large pipe extends up through the stone ceiling of the tunnel. On either side of the pipe, the walkways end at sets of iron rungs that extend up through holes in the ceiling.

[sblock=Spot DC 10]You've had an odd feeling ever since you came down here, and now you know why. You had always heard that you could find all manner of vermin living off the waste in the sewers, but you haven't seen or heard a single rat or other living creature.[/sblock]

OOC: Is Raven taking her time to check every 5' section of tunnel for traps and the like? If so, is she taking 20 (which will take a very long time) or is she just making a quick check (I can make the relevant rolls if this is the case). Sorry about not posting yesterday, I've had my hands full.

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss, while not in the lead, will search on the off chance that Raven might miss something. Won't help much with most traps, but secret doors and some odd forms of traps might be revealed.

He'll take 10 for a result of 18.

Spot Check (1d20-1=17) Edit: That should have been -2, but the result is still higher than the DC.

"Do the city sewer systems employ some sort of magic to limit vermin? I would have expected such creatures to live here, and yet I see none."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Even taking a full round to go each 5 feet sounds ridiculously slow. Raven will search for traps at the entrance and again if she sees something suspicious. But not every 5 feet. He search check is +6. Spot check: 18

IC: Raven's eyes constantly scan the tunnel. "There's something down here that eats rats. We need to hurry."

Despite her haste, Raven will search for traps at the barred door. If she finds any, she'll try to disable them. Then she'll try to open the lock.

OOC: Disable device +6; open lock +

El Jefe

First Post
Shoot was intrigued by the strange underground world of the sewers, but didn't like the smell. He'd rather be outside and away from the city, even if the city was an interesting place to visit.

Given his lack of sophistication on such matters, it wasn't surprising that he noticed nothing amiss.
Manzanita said:
"There's something down here that eats rats. We need to hurry."
"What would that be?", asked Shoot, not really understanding that Raven didn't know precisely what it was, either.

drothgery

First Post
Patlin said:
"Do the city sewer systems employ some sort of magic to limit vermin? I would have expected such creatures to live here, and yet I see none."

"You haven't been in Sharn very long, have you?" Tali says, the sarcasm clear in the Kalashtar's voice.

Patlin

Explorer
drothgery said:
"You haven't been in Sharn very long, have you?" Tali says, the sarcasm clear in the Kalashtar's voice.

"I was among the last warforged crafted before the Treaty of Thronehold closed down the creation forges. I suppose I haven't been anywhere very long by most standards."

Remove ads