• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
As Raven is leading the group at a pace that prohibits searching, Anvuss will do his best to keep up rather than slowing the group.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Perhaps the expected rats are absent as they are all occupied in a maze somewhere? :lol: Lots of parallells going on... :)

Someone

Adventurer
"Or maybe the water, or some other part of the environment, is poisonous in concentrations large enough to kill rats. I don't think anyone here needs the advice but don't drink the water or eat any suspiciously available bits of food" says Seat merrily.

IcyCool

First Post
Raven checks the door for traps, and is satisfied to find none. She makes short work of the lock, and the door swings open with only a minimal squeak of protest. When she moves up to the ladder on this side and looks up the hole that it extends into, she can see that the rungs of the the ladder stop at a hinged wooden hatch or trapdoor over the top of the hole. She checks the iron rungs, and they seem sturdy enough to support the weight of even Anvuss or Shoot.

Patlin

Explorer
"I presume this is the entrance?"

Unless someone disagrees with that assumption, Anvuss will augment his morningstar. He gives it the Human bane quality.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven clambers up the rungs and inspects the trap door. She'll also place her ear against it and listen. If she finds nothing disturbing, she'll try to push it open quietly.

OOC: Search +6; listen +4

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss patiently waits his turn as those in front of him in the marching order clamber up the ladder.

ooc: His infusion will last for 20 minutes, if I recall correctly.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Apologies for my lack of reply, I've been gone to an IT conference the past few days. I'll get back to the action tomorrow. :)

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: Invisible castle loves you and your group, that's all I have to say.

Search, listen (1d20+6=14, 1d20+4=20)

As Raven is inspecting the trap door, she notices two things. First, there is a simple wire mechanism attached to the door so that anyone opening the door pulls the wire, and triggers something, presumably on the other side of the door. Disabling it might be a bit tricky, but she thinks she could do it.

The second thing she detects is a faint rasping sound against the floor in the room above, along with a voice that she has heard before. While she can't make out much of what he is saying, she is certain that she hears the voice of the armored man (Shiv) who was with the cultists that attacked her at the university. Shiv says a few muffled words which Raven thinks are "Master ... leaving ... afternoon train ... meet ... keep ... secure", and then Raven hears an otherworldly moan from the other side of the trap door, followed by a few words from someone, or something, else in a harsh, guttural tounge that hurts the ears to hear.

Remove ads