• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Head of the class (stonegod judging)[Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss is ready to assist in the disarming of the trap, should Raven desire it. His disable device is +8. (He would therefore provide Raven with a +2 95% of the time.)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven makes a down motion with the flat of her hand to the others as she listens, urging them to keep quiet. She herself swings down gently after her listen and search in order to whisper to the others.

"It's going to get ugly here, gentlemen." she says. "Anvuss, there's some sort of a wire trap on that door. Would you care to help me disarm it? There's also some sort of creature above the door, set to guard it by Shiv, that armored man who fled from our first meeting. So let's be ready for battle. Everyone else take a few steps back until we get this trap taken care of, then Tali, you come in behind me."

OOC: Thanks for rolling for me, Icycool. I'm guessing in general I shouldn't be rolling for search and listen in advance. I can roll for disable devise, though, I'd think. And move silently. Raven's Disable Device (w/her MW theives tools) is also +8. I suppose she'll volunteer to be the primary disarmer. Raven wants no talking while they disable the device. Also, the contraints of the ladder might mean only one person can work on it at a time. Whatever, I'll make my roll & let Icycool handle the rest. 13+8 =21. Pretty good. That will probably work w/o Anvuss' help. Oh - Perhaps I should make a move silently check too, for getting up and down the ladder & picking the lock. Wish me luck here - Raven doesn't have any ranks in this. 9+1=10. whatever.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: No problem on the rolling, if I overstepped my bounds, let me know and you can roll instead. You provided the bonuses, so I assumed you wanted me to roll. If you'd prefer, I can ask you for reactive checks instead. You are correct about the restrictive space at the top of the ladder.

Raven tries to quietly slip down and then up the ladder again, hoping that the trapdoor muffles any sound she makes. She makes short work of the trap, detaching the wire and securing it to the top rung so that the trapdoor can be opened safely. She motions to Tali and the others to prepare for the climb, and they get into position. While they are getting into position, Raven hears footfalls fading away from the room above.

OOC: Assuming Raven wants to open the trapdoor and enter the room, we'll need initiative from everyone.

Someone

Adventurer
Not used to this kind of situation, and not knowing if he must step back to avoid any possible trap, or stay close so they can use the torch's light, Seat react very slowly to danger.

ooc: total initiative roll: 2

Manzanita

First Post
IcyCool said:
Mad Dog is there, armed with his longsword and armored in a suit of studded leather. He looks up from the map of the brewery as your group comes in and says, "If you are ready, we'll make our way to the rear of the building. I've been thinking about what we could use as a signal, and I think I have an idea. The morning rail from Fairhaven should be arriving in about an hour. When the rails come in, the bells at the station ring holy hell and you can hear 'em all the way down there in the slums. When you hear that ringing, that's the signal. Sound good?"

OOC: I realize Raven doesn't have a watch, but what kind of estimate can she make about how much time has passed since this conversation. I can't think of a relevant skill other than her INT check, which is +2. She'd prefer not to strike too early, and now must decide whether to open the door now, while Shiv, presumably, is still nearby, or wait until he's gone.

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=Anvuss whispers to shoot]"Perhaps it would be easier to climb up amidst enemies if you summoned a creature at the top of the trap door shortly after it is opened. I don't like the idea of that fellow attacking us while we climb."[/sblock]

Anvuss will cast Magic Vestment on his adamantium plating and on his shield. His AC is now 21 for the next two hours. He has one infusion remaining for today.

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Shoot whispers back to Anvuss: ]
Patlin said:
"Perhaps it would be easier to climb up amidst enemies if you summoned a creature at the top of the trap door shortly after it is opened."
"That's a good idea!", replied Shoot. "I wish I'd have thought of that!" He made ready to summon one of nature's allies should Bad Guys be on the other side of the trap door.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
I guess at this point, Raven will open the trap door, regardless of the amount of time that has passed. She'll have her shield over her back, and her sword in her scabbard, unfortunately. I reckon she'll need both hands to hold onto the ladder and push open the door. She'll try to scramble right out, figuring there's no chance at stealth at this point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads