First Post

Attachments

• Heavy Gear Blitz Kickstarter Core Starter Set Contents Image Updated.jpg
    Heavy Gear Blitz Kickstarter Core Starter Set Contents Image Updated.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

BrandonKF

First Post
The newest updates from the Pod at their Kickstarter.

Update #26: Thank you everyone, stretch goal 8.5 has been unlocked and we'll be upgrading the Jaguar parts sprue to include the Thunder Jaguar Head and Sat Uplink part. You can view the 3D models of the parts below.Now for a preview of stretch goal 9, which will upgrade the free download Quick Start Rulebook ebook in to a black and white printed book. The Quick Start Rulebook will include an introduction to the Heavy Gear Universe with background and history, all the basic rules needed to play, with quick teaching scenarios to learn the rules while playing your first games, army list sections with introductions to the factions and all armies included in the Core Starter Set, plus stats for all models included. The book will be from 64 to 106 pages, starting at a 64 pages and getting bigger as more armies and models are added to the Core Starter Box.
BIG NEWS! Helping out on the book will be artist, Avelardo Paredes, who's artwork appears in many of our recent releases. Plus for all our old school fans, our original artist, Ghislain Barbe, is back and will be doing the cover for the book.
As announced in our last update there will be some bonus Add-on Rewards available for backers to pickup once stretch goal 9 unlocks. Arkrite Press, who are working on the new edition of the Heavy Gear RPG, have helped us out again. Designing some patches for the Northern and Southern factions, checkout a preview below to see how they will look. They will be available for $5 each in the Add-ons Available section of the Pledge Calculator once stretch goal 9 unlocks.
Thank you all!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=889897767689771

d72718c40d8121117d008e1a4a4893ee_h264_high.jpg

:)

In addition, they added on an update for both a Heavy Gear Kickstarter 2014 Patch.

d6e29a38622f095faece677135fc22d4_large.jpg

The Core Starter Set, Wave 1 has sold out, but there is still plenty of time left for folks to Pledge.

The Heavy Gear Blitz Beta is rough, but it is free, and it will be worked on. It is cutting its last ties with the RPG side of things.

Right now Mr. Dubois and Dave both are answering questions and comments by others on the Kickstarter as often as possible, and other fans are chiming in with information as they feel necessary.

This Kickstarter can present folks with that opportunity to get into the game and support the company transitioning over to plastic, but more importantly it is an opportunity for newcomers to join the game for a pittance.

Let's consider the reward levels you can select from:

$65 - Army Set - You don't have to wait until it gets unlocked. You can pledge the $65 by going into the Reward Levels, choosing $1, then use the Fundafull calculator for your shipping costs (in Canadian dollars, so exchange rates vary), and then pledge that amount and wait for the Stretch Goal to unlock. Once the Reward is posted, all you have to do is go to 'Manage Your Pledge' and pick the appropriate Reward.

$80 - Basic Set - 16 miniatures. Not many go this route, but if you're stretched and you want a pairing of the four 4-Gear cadres/squadrons that make up the North and South for introduction games, or even as a gift, it's not a bad deal.

$115 - Core Set - Of course, the full Monte here. We're already looking at the original 16 miniatures, 2 Grizzlies, 2 Spitting Cobras, 2 Iguanas, 2 MHT-95s, and 2 FLAIL squads. If you and a friend want to, you can chip in 75 each (the $115 goes up another $15 for shipping costs, so I dumped an extra $17 into my Pledge, and I'm planning on saving in the later days of November so it rolls through smoothly in my account), and split the forces between yourselves.

$350 - The basic retailer set isn't a bad deal either. You get 6 copies of the Basic Starter Set. $80 each normally. Just providing proof of brick and mortar set-up by taking a picture of your storefront and getting in touch with Mr. Dubois or Dave. US and Canadian stores have the shipping included in the cost of $350, but for the international fronts they'll get hit pretty hard.

$500 - For the storefronts who want free shipping. The entire Core Starter Set plus Stretch Goals, plus $385 worth of add-on rewards you can choose from.

They have added new surprise Goals and Hidden Goals:

8275d101d60e214744c623447b97d956_large.jpg

Last edited:

BrandonKF

First Post
Need a flyer for your local gaming store? A fan has you covered, and Dream Pod 9 has given the go for sharing at a store near you.

CEFbonds.png

-

heavyearpeaceriver.png

Kannik

Hero
I've bought in. }:D

The world of Heavy Gear is a pretty good one (the original release years ago had the great distinction of writing the two factions in a way such that neither could easily be pointed to and said "that's the bad guy"), and as this Kickstarter gains steam it's becoming a better and better deal. Getting four main factions with a variety of units and enough minis to pack the table with... that'll be exciting. If you've never checked out Heavy Gear, now's a great time to do so!

peace,

Kannik

BrandonKF

First Post
[MENTION=984]Kannik[/MENTION] You old salt, where have you been???

Great to see you!

Also, have you seen the new update for the Acco Mount?

Kannik

Hero
Heheh, I've been around, not hiding or anything. (That's what I always say when I fail my stealth check... :p) I have seen the Acco mount! I'm very excited that the Caprice mounts have just been unlocked (this is me, doing my happy dance), for I loves me my four-legged walkers! I'm likely to upgrade to a second quad of them... and I'll do my best to pair them up with some CEF flying tanks, for I loves me my grav tanks! (Yeah, these aren't grav tanks per se, but I'm an old Renegade Legion: Centurion fan... I have my half-complete Ren Leg to Silhouette system conversion notes lying around somewhere... )

Let's get those gears a rumblin'...

Kannik

BrandonKF

First Post
Well, it appears like they will be granting your wish and then some. :) Now with everyone jumping on, there is still 15 days left, and we're already $90,000 in.

The entire listing is great both for the old returning players, but also for all our (hopefully) newcomers who have never even heard of Heavy Gear. Let's introduce them in a big way, I say.

Kannik

Hero
Well, it appears like they will be granting your wish and then some. :) Now with everyone jumping on, there is still 15 days left, and we're already $90,000 in.

The entire listing is great both for the old returning players, but also for all our (hopefully) newcomers who have never even heard of Heavy Gear. Let's introduce them in a big way, I say.

Absolutely. A big set would be fabulous. As would pointing them all to Aurora! Get their juices flowing with the great community that exists around the game as demonstrated by the articles and fiction and art and all the excellent stuff that's in Aurora. (There's a link in my sig, for everyone else reading this)

But for now, let me just say: QUADS! YAY!

poddily,

Kannik

BrandonKF

First Post
Absolutely. A big set would be fabulous. As would pointing them all to Aurora! Get their juices flowing with the great community that exists around the game as demonstrated by the articles and fiction and art and all the excellent stuff that's in Aurora. (There's a link in my sig, for everyone else reading this)

But for now, let me just say: QUADS! YAY!

poddily,

Kannik
Some of the guys have already said they have been reading over the last eight years of your publication, and now they are chomping at the bits to get into things. So all this dedication of yours has enormous thanks!

And yes, we are now over $96,000! I hope to see more in the future days to come. Happy Vets' Day to all those who have served!

Kannik

Hero
Some of the guys have already said they have been reading over the last eight years of your publication, and now they are chomping at the bits to get into things. So all this dedication of yours has enormous thanks!

Ah, that's fabulous to hear. Makes all the work worth it. :) Hopefully this'll also add some new blood and contributors to the magazine... ever since the POD cut us out of the loop there's less avenues to get the word out.

Also: more quads, yay!

poddily,

Kannik

Remove ads