Heirs to the Burning Thrones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jibril senses nothing within range of his psionic powers, and after everyone has had a chance to strain their senses, nothing seems to be near. Cautiously the group eases out onto the sand, checking each and every shadow and sound. Despite their fears, they walk out the evening without incident, other than a few mice, snakes, and bats (of various sizes) flying about. After checking out the hollow of a large rock to make sure it is free of monsters, lizards, mice, insects, lightning sand, or anything else painful, dangerous, or annoying, the group can hollow up underneath to sleep during the scorching day.

It's not until almost sunset that the group sees anything out of the ordinary. There's a faint rumble, a scent of heat, and then back of the rock hollow is suddenly a cave as the rock backing swirls out of existance. Inside is a contented-looking dragon with satiny smooth brown and gold scales that look like a collection of tiger's eye gems. It has a fantastic crest of spikes on its head and neck. It regards the party calmly, breathing smoothly, stirring up dust like a set of bellows.

"Greetings small ones. What brings you to my valley?" it rumbles.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
As the rock behind them moves Nafeesa turns to see the dragon. She had heard of these creatures, but in all her years in the Mountains she had never come acrossed one. She sits slack-jawed with awe. As the dragon speaks she comes to her senses, closing her mouth she makes a slight bow of her head in respect of the creature's grand preseance.

khavren

First Post
Abdul stands and carefully bows to the dragon. "Greetings large one! We travel through on quest to stop a war. Would you care to exchange news of what lies ahead for what we have passed by?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Shalah moves her hands gracefully in tandem as she performs a deep bow to the dragon, ready to step in after Abdul is finished--or before if things start turning nasty.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Jibril A'Mussan (Human, Windwalker)

*Jibril watched with interest as the negotiators began their discusssions with the dragon. He, too, bowed lower than the heirs were he able to.*

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Tariq is awed by the impressive creature, and bows deeply. He glances at Abdul as he speaks, before speaking up as well. "We did not know that this was your valley, most honorable dragon. Please, forgive us for disturbing your rest."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"So polite... so well-mannered. Such a change from what I have seen over the years. What war do you speak of, small ones?" the dragon rumbles. Its tone seems polite and calm... so far.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Shalah bows deeply again.*

"I am afraid we do not know exactly what the war we will find is or the peace that we must bring, or even if those things are but a metaphor for something else in a higher sphere of thought--those who guide our path give us riddles, and while those riddles can sometimes be enjoyable to solve, they can be equal times frustrating for small ones such as ourselves."

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
Nafessa stands up slowly as not to draw attention to herself. She does not have anything to add to the converstation with the dragon. SHe is however enjoying the chance to interact with such a magificant beast.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Aye, those above speak to those below as children, and simple ones at that. You have tread my valley carefully and with caution however, and you have caused no changes to the land, worked no destructive magics, and harmed none of the creatures therein. So, you are not simple children. Indeed, you seem to be adults, and ones with a purpose. Who sends you to on this quest to stop a war? You seem an odd group for such a purpose, so varied in race and nature..."

Remove ads