Hell's Invasion [Recruiting]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Not really sure where to go with the thread at this time. Are we just looking at filler until we join all three characters in one?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Crawling back onto the boards after an unplanned bout of being down with the sickness.

You'd think being at home all day would mean I could post, but...there's a distinct difference between being home all day, alert and aware and full of creative energy, and being home all day coughing and drinking various liquids and being unable to sleep more than an hour or so a night.

Happily, I appear to be sliding back to the former end of that continuum. Knock on eleven kinds of wood.
Glad to hear you are doing better. Perfectly understandable about being absent from the boards when home sick.

Not really sure where to go with the thread at this time. Are we just looking at filler until we join all three characters in one?
Well, I would suggest Evan and Michael get to know each other at least. That would be a direction to go.

I have not been able to really comb through the sheets checking for errors, but they looked fine on my initial looks. It would be easier for me if you all can use the Google Docs sheet that I created, instead of a Rogue’s Gallery. Then they can be linked in the IC post templates with the character avatar. We should not need a mini-stat block that way since the sheet can be updated for the little things that change.

Next, I think each PC should have some NPC contacts (much like in Shadowrun) that could play minor roles in the game. These would be people that could provide information, access to equipment, or even potentially be called on to aid directly in a given situation. Let’s start with 1-2 each. We don’t need character sheets for them at this time, but we should know who they are and what they do. A list of skills they might have would be helpful too.

Sezarious

Explorer
Hey Perrin. Out of curiosity, how do you shrink an image down in size to what we have on here? Also, how do you arrange it so that it stays on the left of the screen whilst the text stays to the right of it, then flows underneath it. I'm not great with coding at the moment, though my PBP experiences should change that over time.

Vileo Sufora

First Post
Hey, Perrin, is this game still recruiting? I'd like to take a crack at a character sheet if so. The setting is very different from what my friends and I normally play.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hey Perrin. Out of curiosity, how do you shrink an image down in size to what we have on here? Also, how do you arrange it so that it stays on the left of the screen whilst the text stays to the right of it, then flows underneath it. I'm not great with coding at the moment, though my PBP experiences should change that over time.
For the avatar pictures I provided, I actually cropped and resized off-line and then hosted them on my gaming Photobucket account.

You can use the Align BBCode:
[align=left]<image url>[/align]

Note that if you see something you like, you can quote the post to check the code and then just never submit the post.

Hey, Perrin, is this game still recruiting? I'd like to take a crack at a character sheet if so. The setting is very different from what my friends and I normally play.
Yes, I guess I am technically still recruiting. :)

However, if you want to play I would rather you start with a concept first and worry about the sheet later. I am more interested in seeing what you come with and how you will role-play compared to the mechanics of a sheet.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I finally fixed my issues with avatar posting. I can start putting that in all my posts now. Sorry about how remedial I was being there. :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, I finally fixed my issues with avatar posting. I can start putting that in all my posts now. Sorry about how remedial I was being there. :)
Thanks, Shayuri.

What’s everyone’s posting schedule look like over the next two weeks? I should be around and probably less busy on the weekends until baseball starts back up again the second weekend in January.

I would like to get started on Chapter 1 at that time, but was hoping to get a little farther in the prologues first. I need to buckle down and start working out the background information for you all to get started.

Before Chapter 1, I would like each player to come up with at least 1 NPC Ally/Contact that would help with either legwork or resupply on very special items.

Remove ads