Hell's Invasion [Recruiting]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Weird. For me it just has a link to 'Attachment 71007.' No picture at all.

Yeah, and the same thing is what I see above in the quote. Yet the picture shows in the editor. {Shrugs}

You can use these linked pictures from my Photobucket account then:
Michael%20Close_zpsdnxypo6t.jpg

Renata_zpsnmnguxbu.jpg

Evan_zpstku0phft.png

I copied them into your last IC post as well.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sezarious said:
Sorry about that Perrin. I didn't mean to get too far ahead and I would prefer the intensity, I just got ahead of myself
No worries. I figure that each exchange would be 1 post each. Sometimes, I could see a follow-up with a little bit of dialog only being appropriate though.

Btw, we have 3 solid participates active right now and I am looking to start making progress on some character generation as the prologues continue. Keep in mind the characters are probably going to learn/develop some things in the time gap from Prologue to Chapter 1.

Each PC should have an idea of their basic traits.
Strength
Agility
Health
Perception
Wisdom
Luck

Based on what you think, assign an adjective to describe each (Good, Above Average, Average, or Below Average). Consider the traits being balanced on a bell curve with 1 high, 1 low, and the other 4 split between the middle two.

Then consider some skills (about 10 for now) you think your character would have at least some training/competency in from this list:
[sblock=Skills (Trained & Untrained, and Combat)]Acrobatics (includes Balance, Jump and Balance)
Climb
Computer Use - Trained
Craft (be specific)
Decipher Script & Linguistics - Trained
Demolitions
Disable Device (includes trapfinding with it) - Trained
Disguise (includes perform acting with it)
Drive
Escape Artist
Forgery - Trained
Gamble
Gather Information (includes Research)
Handle Animals (for animal trainers) - Trained
Horseback Riding (includes handle animal for horses)
Intimidate
Investigate - Trained
Knowledge Arcane Lore - Trained
Knowledge Business - Trained
Knowledge Civics - Trained
Knowledge Current Events - Trained
Knowledge Earth & Life Sciences - Trained
Knowledge History (can use Trait instead) - Trained
Knowledge Physical Sciences - Trained
Knowledge Popular Culture - Trained
Knowledge Streetwise - Trained
Knowledge Tactics - Trained
Knowledge Technology - Trained
Knowledge Theology and Philosophy - Trained
Language (Read/Write & Speak) (be Specific) - Trained
Navigation - Trained
Occupation or Profession (be specific)
Perform (be specific)
Persuasion (includes bluff, diplomacy, and negotiation)
Repair - Trained
Ride
Sleight of Hand - Trained
Spellcraft (includes read magic & required for spell casting) - Trained
Stealth (Combines Hide and Move Silently)
Survival
Swim
Treat Injury

Archaic Weapons Skill (swords, bows, etc…)
Armor Proficiency
Unarmed Combat (includes Brawl and Combat Martial Arts)
Exotic Melee Weapon Skill (be Specific)
Firearms Weapon Skill (semi-automatic, single shot)
Heavy Weapons Skill (automatic & rocket/grenade launchers)
Gunnery Skill (artillery, mounted, non-portable)
Simple Weapons Skill (knives, clubs, etc…)[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
Hey I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop this game. I don't feel like I'm a good fit here to be honest and I feel like I'd be dragging you guys down.

Sezarious

Explorer
I'd say the following for Michael:

Strength - Below Average
Agility - Good
Health - Average
Perception - Average
Wisdom - Above Average
Luck - Above Average

Ah, I misinterpreted. Like 3.5's "open lock". That simplifies things.
[sblock=skills]

Horseback Riding (includes handle animal for horses)
Gather Information (Includes Research)
Knowledge Arcane Lore (initially based on fiction, but will have more by ch1)
Occupation or Profession (be specific) - Actor
Perform (be specific) - Acting
Persuasion (Includes bluff, Diplomacy and Negotiation)
Spellcraft (read magic & spell casting) - (have by chapter 1)
Stealth

Archaic Weapons Skill (swords, bows, etc…)
Firearms Weapon Skill (semi-automatic, single shot):

[/sblock]

I decided on not worrying about batons, given Michaels below average strength. If he needed to use one anyway, it'd come under an untrained skill, so I won't be too pedantic. I took horseback riding to represent the fact that he grew up on a property and knows the basics around horses and how to ride them, saddle them up, avoid standing where it can kick out etc. Seeing as drive/ride is unskilled, I decided not to bother with them. Michael can drive and ride in easy scenarios, but if he had to make a getaway, he'd hope that Evan was the one driving, otherwise, Michael would be hopeless.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Rough draft of Evan

Strength - Average
Agility - Good
Health - Average
Perception - Above Average
Wisdom - Below Average
Luck - Above Average

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics
Climb
Craft (Automotive)
Drive
Knowledge Physical Sciences
Knowledge Technology
Occupation or Profession (Stuntman)
Repair

Archaic Weapons Skill
Unarmed Combat
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hi Perrin. This is just a draft. Please advise. I was thinking of suggesting the category Nil, which suggests he would be absolutely hopeless in any rolls requiring such checks. I see untrained as very basic skills that could be used in non-stressful, easy difficulty situations. Some of the skills like Untrained
Trained versus Untrained is a term used in the D&D, D20, and Pathfinder rules. Untrained skills are those that will have a default level ability that a person can use without being formally trained. A “Trained” skill implies that you cannot use it at all unless you have had some level of training. So if you don’t have any training in a Trained skill, your ability to use it would be “Nil”.

Things like riding a motorbike, acting and using a bow are some of my RL hobbies, so I added them to him. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Sorry Perrin, I don't know what I'm doing exactly with this list. I don't know. I'll cull some from the draft later.
See what hafrogman did, that was all I was looking for.
Just pick 10 from the list that you think Michael would have some level of skill/training in. Motorbike would be under driving in general. Using a bow would fall under Archaic Weapons.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Renata yanked the window open and called, "Over here! Don't go around there, there's more! Hold on!"

Quickly backing up to the dorm room door, she poked her head out and waved down the hall at Mari.

"Hey!" she called to her roommate. "Come here! Hurry!"
Shayuri, I think you have Renata's position confused with Mari's. I have Renata at the end of the hallway leading to an exit door on the end of the building. Mari is in the RA's dorm room.

Do you want to fix it? Or should write the reply based upon where I think the two girls are?

Remove ads