Hell's Invasion [Recruiting]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Okay, I am going to remind you two (Sez and Shayuri) on last time to include in the character pictures for each IC post. I provided you the links for the pictures so you need not worry about attachments.

I strongly believe the visuals add to the PbP experience and the continual forgetting is starting to really bother me.

[IMG]http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/perrinmiller/Living%20Pathfinder/Michael%20Close_zpsdnxypo6t.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae47/perrinmiller/Living%20Pathfinder/Renata_zpsnmnguxbu.jpg[/IMG]
You'll like it Shayuri. It's kind of got a World of Darkness feel to it. :)
I suppose it might be similar to nWoD in how mechanics are worked, but it is simpler.

I'm envisioning her high Strength rating as partially supernaturally-fuelled...not the result of big ol' muscles, but of cheaty physically channeled magical potential?
Ok, that is something that can be doable. Are you thinking it is spell like power that is activated at times? Or is it something akin to magically enhanced muscles that is semi-permanent?

Shayuri

First Post
lol, that's really hard to remember to do; I do apologize.

As for the strength, I'm thinking more of a semi-permanent thing, but I'm open to exploring ideas.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
As for the strength, I'm thinking more of a semi-permanent thing, but I'm open to exploring ideas.
That’s fine. I assume you have some explanation for it. ;)
It can be a Superpower of sorts.

Will you have other things tie to this magical enchantment? It sort of feels like an adept from Shadowrun with the magical strength.
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]; do you have anything special like that in mind for your character? I saw that Sez is looking at spellcasting

hafrogman

Adventurer
[MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]; do you have anything special like that in mind for your character?
I didn't really have any plans on leading Evan down any sort of supernatural path. The only thing I'd say not reflected in the stats and skills as we've mocked them up would be equipment. I.e. a vehicle. Hopefully one heavily modified enough to survive playing chicken with demons. :D

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I will start reviewing what you all have so far and give you all the next step to start determining the various levels of the skills you selected and the magic.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, recall from the start where you were asking about what kind of d20 Modern 'class' we were interested in, and for Renata I cited the 'Shadow Slayer' class. That class a fairly clear reference to the whole 'vampire slayer' thing of Buffy fame, and represents a person supernaturally empowered with abilities enabling them to fight against monsters and demons and so on.

I like the idea of it. Using that class as a rough guide, a lot of it boils down to 'abilities that help you beat up fools, and soak a bunch of punishment.' :)

Sezarious

Explorer
Hi Perrin. I'm under the impression that the demon can understand us even though we can't presently understand it. I'm thinking of having Michael take a leap of faith and stepping out of the vehicle with the shotgun, but non-the less trying to speak to it and challenge it to a game of wit. I just want to check though if this is the sort of game where "There's no right or wrong way of doing things in, game" and that my idea is one of those things that "May or may not work". Obviously, as the GM, you know how these demons work mechanically, so if I were to try an alternate means of dealing with it than violence, than am I potentially expanding on the mechanics, or am I kind of potentially tapping into maybe a "Power" in Michael?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Well, recall from the start where you were asking about what kind of d20 Modern 'class' we were interested in, and for Renata I cited the 'Shadow Slayer' class.
Ahh, I had forgotten. Which book/source is that in?

Hi Perrin. I'm under the impression that the demon can understand us even though we can't presently understand it. I'm thinking of having Michael take a leap of faith and stepping out of the vehicle with the shotgun, but non-the less trying to speak to it and challenge it to a game of wit. I just want to check though if this is the sort of game where "There's no right or wrong way of doing things in, game" and that my idea is one of those things that "May or may not work".
Hmmm, I don't recall indicating the Demons understand English. Certainly it would not be knowledge Michael has, and only an assumption.

I would say there is not a right or wrong way, but everything is subject to interpretation. You are certainly welcome to try a non-violent approach... but so far there has not been any indication that the demons are interested in anything other than blood and mayhem.

Obviously, as the GM, you know how these demons work mechanically, so if I were to try an alternate means of dealing with it than violence, than am I potentially expanding on the mechanics, or am I kind of potentially tapping into maybe a "Power" in Michael?
Not sure what you are really asking. Are you wondering if I will reward alternate attempts to deal with the demons by giving special skills to help?

Rather, I would like to know about these special powers beforehand to help establish the mechanics for you instead. I don't have issues with some supernatural, I just want to have documented. It can be present in the Prologue or we can have it something developing that will manifest by Chapter 1. Heck if someone wanted to only be partially human, I am willing to work with it.

Sezarious

Explorer
Oh look, I AM absolutely making an assumption and the assumption is both in-game and out of game, so, I'd be going out on a limb here.

My proposal would be to challenge the demon verbally, perhaps requiring a very difficult spell-craft roll. Michael might say something like "Demon, I challenge you to a game of wit, my soul being the bargaining chip. Speak plainly in English so that we might discuss this further".

Then I was thinking of setting the terms of the contract, "Devil went down to Georgia" style with a touch of contract manipulation. My idea would be that when I ask it something... I would be clever about what that something is... "What is your TRUE name?". Then maybe with another spell-craft check I could send it back to hell, but additionally I might use it between now and Chapter 1 as a means of learning magic, using its true name to force it to educate me? I don't know. I mean I could just shoot at it instead, but I kind-of want to try something new that fits with my initial character concept.

Remove ads