Help Build An Uber-Tank!

milo

First Post
Remember core rulebooks and complete warrior only, no savage species, BoVD, and BoED. 600k limit on goldpieces also.

rangerjohn

Explorer
two said:
Yeah -- that's the kind of build I was talking about!

Paladin10/DDefender10... that works. Might want to swap out a few Paladin levels for something else, or not.

However, it seems a terrible oversight with a Charisma of 28 to fail to take the leadership feat, scoring yourself (at level 20) a level 18 cohort, such as:

1) Cleric18, or
2) some flavor of fighter/rogue/etc. devoted defender.

I'd probably go the Cleric route, for the always-on buffing potentials and the fact that the only thing scarier than a 400 HP tank is a 400 HP tank who can be "healed" 5 or 6 times a combat!

Also note the pleasent synergies available, i.e. death ward, etc. etc.

This completely misses the point, this is for a first time player. Spellcasting was being avoided.

two

First Post
rangerjohn said:
This completely misses the point, this is for a first time player. Spellcasting was being avoided.

Ok. Thanks? for keeping me on focus? You got? my back?

In that case nix the cleric18 cohort and just get a paladin/fighter/devoted defender. One feat (leadership) gets close to doubling your hit points (as your DD sucks up hit after hit) or, of course, deflects hit after hit.

But, is Devoted Defender within the limits imposed? I'm sure I will be corrected, if not.

Majere

First Post
Darklone said:
I do love barbarian/paladin multiclasses ;)

Wouldn't one level more paladin with access to some Divine Feats help more?

The barbarian level really is only in there because it has a bigger Hit point Dice. You could swap it for a paladin level easily. Losing fighter levels is going to cost you feats though, and I think that would be a bad move for the build I posted.

MAjere

Majere

First Post
You know that roll with it feat just looks so broken.
A human fighter coudl take it 1+(1,3,6,9,12,15,18)= 8 times
That is DR 16/-, and the guy still gets 10 feats for shiney crap like weapon focus etc...

Majere

Remove ads