• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! Is my player cheating?

mentle

First Post
I think that my feel of cheating has come from his two turns per round. I've been allowing him to treat each body as a separate entity. So if I restrict him to using his actions on either/or character, out should retain the balance

S'mon

Legend
IMC this - essentially just making up whatever the player feels like for his PC stats - would be a bootable offence.

For a kinder solution: The Raven Queen summons the Dvati to her side, taking him out of the campaign. The player gets to make another PC using actual 4e rules.

mentle

First Post
IMC this - essentially just making up whatever the player feels like for his PC stats - would be a bootable offence.

For a kinder solution: The Raven Queen summons the Dvati to her side, taking him out of the campaign. The player gets to make another PC using actual 4e rules.

I can't quite boot him as I approved the character originally; however my understand if the character vs. the way its being played do not match. I'm making him bring me the actual dragon magazine and will go from there

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
The best plan is usually not to handle this in-game, but rather to talk to the player out of game. Maybe he made a mistake, or maybe he thought you allowed it for some reason. Tell him to change to a normal race. If he's breaking the game for you and your players, that's not cool. But fixing it game will only lead to a big blow-up.

Absolutely. Passive aggressive in-game fixes don't work.

I can't quite boot him as I approved the character originally; however my understand if the character vs. the way its being played do not match. I'm making him bring me the actual dragon magazine and will go from there.

Don't feel adherent to letting him keep the character just because you approved it originally. It's okay for a GM to reverse a decision if it turns out to be a problem. I would only boot him if he wouldn't respect that prerogative.

Rune

Once A Fool
Just off the top of my head, though, there is probably a simple fix.

One mind in two bodies actually suggests the rules for summoned creatures should work well, here.

That is, he's got the two characters, but only one set of actions to do stuff with.

(Assuming you don't want to outright ban the character, which would be okay, too.)

The race is complete rubbish and should be taken out and shot. (Fixed Link). No official 4e race would break the action economy that way and the book is something for a previous edition..

That said, the L9 elementalist sorceror I built last night wasn't razor-optimised, and at level 9 is doing d12+d6+16 damage on an at will attack - or d10 + 16 in a burst 1 that sets the ground on fire for four damage to anyone who ends the turn there. On an encounter power (i.e. 3/fight) he's doing a further d10 and all the damage to an additional target. 35 single target damage is impressive but not ludicrous.

mentle

First Post
Just off the top of my head, though, there is probably a simple fix.

One mind in two bodies actually suggests the rules for summoned creatures should work well, here.

That is, he's got the two characters, but only one set of actions to do stuff with.

(Assuming you don't want to outright ban the character, which would be okay, too.)

That's kind of what I was thinking. Having them share an action pool per say. I want to read more of the published information on the race first. He is the second best rp'r in the group, so I'd like to allow him to keep the character if it can start in guidelines

Ryujin

Legend
I can't even find a conversion of the Dvati for 4e, online. Pathfinder is about it. It definitely isn't in the Compendium, on the Wizards site. He made the thing up. He could be making up more also.

Have him make up a new character. Have him do it using the online Character Builder, so that it's as close to the corrected rules as possible. This will also avoid the potential honest errors, like adding multiples of one type of bonus (Item, Enhancement, Feat, etc.), that could boost damage to irrational levels.

mentle

First Post
He did use a blackguard template from the CC which is where some of my original confusion came in. based on the CC, the info/dmg output didn't necessarily match. I really think its because I was allowing each twin to be treated individually instead of shared like a summoned.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
If you use that homebrewed dvati I'd change their Twin Attack power so you can only use a basic attack or possibly an at-will. If you let it use ANY power (as it is written) it's like giving them an extra Encounter or Daily power use per encounter and a free Action Point per encounter. This could significantly increase their damage output.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads