Help me brainstorm "Flintstone Fallout"

Oooh, using savage settings (written by ishmael Alverez), that atlas games supplement and my saurials of the lost vale (not to mention all the monsters i have made for the Hodgepocalyse) to fill in holes, but troglodytes seem tailored made to be corrupted dinosaur folk. Ty kindly

Perhaps yuan-tu reskinned for the more powerful Sleestak?

Also reskinning ultramodern 5 for any "gun goons".

I can post my terrorsaurs under 5e if there is interest. I am just not sure of how many i can post to avoid spamming.

Nutation

Explorer
Dragons in this world could be different types of Dinosaurs that have been corrupted by this liquid, making them more fierce and charged with elemental energy. Red Dragons as angry molten T-Rex’s, Blue Dragons as electrically charged Triceratops that burrow through the ground, Green Dragons as terrifying and toxic Brachiosaurus who’s long necks tower over the trees, Black Dragons as acidic Spinosaurs that putrefy any body of water they swim through, and White Dragons as Arctic-dwelling Stegosaurus with ice spikes on its back and tail.
This approach feels much like Thundarr the Barbarian, whose adventures clearly took place in our world after some big radioactive catastrophe.

Theory of Games

Disaffected Game Warrior
I'd just use Rifts because me lazy.

Rifts_RPG_Ultimate_Edition_2005.jpg

What happened to world government? Those folks don't just walk away from the power they have so I'd have them go underground. Literally. Those conspiracy theories about massive secret underground complexes? It's true! And they have ray-guns and ufos and nanite probes to fight whoever they feel like fighting. And Bigfoot? A highly-advanced extraterrestrial race that visited the planet probably too much but when you need to make a restroom stop between galaxies Earth's as good a stop as anywhere. And there's some weird link between Bigfoots and animals and music. The dead start rising! Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Hitler, Elvis. They're all back and they want what they got coming to them! And the dinosaurs have returned and they have a fusion bomb!

two things:

1. When did Fred Flintstone become M.D.C. :p

2. Also now you know why I created the Hodgepocalypse. I wanted my own legally distinct version of Rifts and it's gone some places where even Rifts fears to tread. :D

I want tar pits on the continent, but darned if I know where (in North America). plus they should have special properties.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
two things:

1. When did Fred Flintstone become M.D.C. :p
The man uses his feet to power & decelerate his car!
I want tar pits on the continent, but darned if I know where (in North America). plus they should have special properties.
California is where the most famous ones are right now!

MarkB

Legend
Maybe their preservative properties are enhanced, to the point that anything completely swallowed by one is preserved in suspended animation, and can be revived intact (albeit horribly burned) if extracted for the pit even decades later.

Or for something nastier, maybe creatures subsumed within them become reanimated as tar zombies under the control of a collective intelligence formed from the combined brains of all those who had been submerged before the apocalypse. Tar zombies retain their heat even when wandering beyond the pit, remaining fluid on their surface and acting as something between an ooze and an undead.

I like these.

I just realized another thing that synergizes well with this concept. Planet of the Apes.

But seeing as they were around before the flintstone fallout, perhaps it's more of an ethnic community anywhere.

Where would it be in flintstone's america?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Harambe was in Cincinnati, so you could use that as a pop culture callback.

OTOH, West Coast states- esp. Cali & Oregon- seem to have an above-average population of apes in captivity.🤷🏾‍♂️

Remove ads