• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

help me build a monk/rogue FAST

Luthien Greyspear

First Post
Herobizkit said:
Just a follow-up to my pervious post.

I played my first session with my Monk/Rogue. I have fallen in love with the character combination.

My little halfling (with the help of Boots of Striding and Springing) has a move of 40. He does a whole 1d6+4 points of damage (Str 17 - was 13 + 2 for levels + 2 for Gauntlets of Ogre Power) but gets three attacks at 12/12/7. His saves are wonderful; stacking the Rogue's Reflex with the Monk's and my high Dex nets me a +12 Reflex save... couple that with Evasion and I'm good to charge ahead, past or through opponents, and get right to any spellcasters in the rear ranks... then double back and sneak attacks the warriors!

Some time this week I am going to post him in the Rogue's Gallery, just because I'm so proud of my min/max'd character. *G*

Don't forget that if you use Stunning Fist as the first attack in a flurry and it succeeds, every other attack you make in that flurry will be sneak attacks, as the opponent is denied his dex bonus against them. That turns your 1d6+4 flurry attacks into (I'm guessing) 4d6+4 attacks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads