Help me build a Shadowlord

hanniball

First Post
What sources are you allowed to choose from?

Obviously UE is available and this opens the door to the Shadow-Walker template (pg 70). It's only LA +1 and nets you a boatload of stealth related spell-like abilities, most importantly Dimension Door. It's a perfect lead-in to TSL.

I'd suggest a Shadow-Walker Rog 3/Ftr 2/Shadow Thief of Amn 2 prefix and jump into TSL next level.

Alternatively, Assassin makes for a great prefix as it gets Dimension Door as a 4th level spell and it's death attack will stack with TSL's. HiPS is icing on the cake.

Human Rog 3/Ftr 2/Assassin 9/TSL 6

Either way...just my 2 cp

AbeTheGnome

First Post
Shadow Thief of Amn doesn't really lend itself to a PrC from Thesk, but since the setting's not FR, I don't know that it will matter. Why do two levels of fighter keep coming up in these builds? Is it for the two bonus feats? The entry requirement is only four feats, which a human can attain with any class by level six. The skill ranks he can attain by level seven, and the Shadow Walker template rounds out the entry requirements. Who needs fighter? I'd rather have the SA dice from Rogue, Assassin, or Guild Thief.

hanniball

First Post
AbeTheGnome said:
Shadow Thief of Amn doesn't really lend itself to a PrC from Thesk, but since the setting's not FR, I don't know that it will matter.

Two ranks in Know (local): Thesk is all you need...

AbeTheGnome said:
Why do two levels of fighter keep coming up in these builds? Is it for the two bonus feats? The entry requirement is only four feats, which a human can attain with any class by level six. The skill ranks he can attain by level seven, and the Shadow Walker template rounds out the entry requirements. Who needs fighter? I'd rather have the SA dice from Rogue, Assassin, or Guild Thief.

The bonus feats from Ftr allow you to grab a couple feats to personalize your character's combat style sooner (Weapon Finesse+TWF, Point Blank Shot+Rapid Shot, et al) The full-BAB and fort save boost are also nice.

Either way...just my 2 cp

Remove ads