• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me Build Dual Class Character!

fitsou

First Post
Dm Rules
25 points to spent on abilities, we all start from ability score 8.
up to 14 we spent one point per rank up.
15,16,17,18 we must spent 2 points for each rank up.

i want to build either a Barbarian (Urban Barbarian Archetype) / Summoner (Synthesist Archetype)
or a Fighter/Psionicist

i love the idea of a barbarian who can transform into a beast, but the problem is that while in eidolon form i have the abilitites score of the eidolon (not very good for a brb).
is it possible to by pass this somehow? is it a good build a brb/smr?

emoplato

First Post
Dm Rules
25 points to spent on abilities, we all start from ability score 8.
up to 14 we spent one point per rank up.
15,16,17,18 we must spent 2 points for each rank up.

i want to build either a Barbarian (Urban Barbarian Archetype) / Summoner (Synthesist Archetype)
or a Fighter/Psionicist

i love the idea of a barbarian who can transform into a beast, but the problem is that while in eidolon form i have the abilitites score of the eidolon (not very good for a brb).
is it possible to by pass this somehow? is it a good build a brb/smr?
Well, arguably you would use its physical scores as your base scores. What I mean is that your rage and items will stack on top of it. In very low levels it maybe a bit of hit but when it advances and add certain size evolutions it comes out to be more.
However if you want a more scaled growth while not having to worry about rage draw backs an Alchemist might actually be a better choice. The mutagen is effectively another rage that stacks and extracts are prepared in advanced that only require drinking. Prepare some double extracts with dual buffs for some polymorph stat stacking awesomeness. Also bombs can be very handy with the right discoveries(dispelling, acid(repeating damage)...etc). You probably would get more health and monstrous options out of the summoner half, but the alchemist will give you more consistent buffs in all situations as well as versatility of options.

Last edited:

fitsou

First Post
Thanks for the answer.
Alchemist is not my play style.

what about my second option fighter/pcionicist is it a good build?

S

Sunseeker

Just play a straight summoner and flavor it to be a barbarian who uses their connection to their spirit-guide animal for the transformation.

Your Eidolon only replaces your physical scores while transformed, which makes sense considering that you want to run the character as though they're actually turning into your creature. You still retain your mental stats while transformed.

Remember that you character can look or act however they want, their personality doesn't need to be determined by their actual scores, only their dice rolls. Only your checks need to be determined by your raw scores, not your RP.

emoplato

First Post
Thanks for the answer.
Alchemist is not my play style.

what about my second option fighter/pcionicist is it a good build?
Psionicist, you mean Psion right? Okay, one of the kickers of being a Psion is that you must choose a discipline which means you only can select powers with the discipline you choose(metacreativity, psychometabolism, ..etc) unless you chose a generalist. The only reason why someone wouldn't though is because of flavor/specialization(no restrictions, +4 more bonus feats, Seriously, what isn't to like?). Psionics in general are better at blasting, customizing powers, and self-sustenance than spellcasters(better crowd control, summons, more spells known and field shaping) however they do run off a mana system so be careful how much you augment your powers.
Fighters, much better than their 3.5 counterparts as they actually have class features plus there are some great archetypes for almost whatever fighting style you want.

fitsou

First Post
English is not my native language so I am not sure what you said in your last post.
I want to create a char for a campaign.
I have played pathfinder once when it first came out, so I don't know that much about the system or on how to create good builds.

Btw my dm forbids the psionic book, he thinks that we already have too much books in our hands.

What I want is a really nice one and powerful fighting build.

I am thinking to forget multiclassing and focus on just one class. Probably Barbarian with the totem warrior archetype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove ads