• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help Me Decide! VTT Gaming on a 34" Curved Monitor vs. Dual monitors

DMCF

First Post
I have a Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License and also Subbed and played on Roll20 for over a year. The whole time I used my Surface Pro or my desktop with 1 23" Gsync TN monitor. I miss my old 2 monitor set up but the place is very small and I knew I would move again in a year so I didn't pick up another one. I'm moving around the June time frame to a place that is considerably more boring than where I am now. I plan to spend more time working on my D&D games and a new monitor is in the works.

Since I like playing actual computer games something like an Acer Predator is where my sights are set. Pricing isn't much of a problem. Post-tax I'm willing to spend up to $1800, which is more than the monitor I linked.

Does anyone have personal experience DMing on a 34" Curved Monitor at a 21:9 aspect ratio? I'd like to understand how it compares to a dual monitor setup. I'm even considering keeping my other monitor above the 34" for VTT gaming. However, I think my neck would hurt :) The Gsync will be underused however and I feel I should sell it if it won't be used. Anyone with Vertical setups for dual monitors please chime in on how the configuration feels.

The reason I'm not testing first is that the longer I wait to sell my monitor the cheaper it gets. If I sell it where I live now I can also probably get more for it since it is a more affluent city.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads