• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me find my niche!

Caeleddin

First Post
Try the core rules.

More specifically, try NWN which was made according to the rules as envisioned by the makers of DnD (except for the no Paladin/Monk multiclassing bit). It is specifically stated there that they are not the same.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Caeleddin said:
Try the core rules.

Go ahead and post a quotation...?

More specifically, try NWN which was made according to the rules as envisioned by the makers of DnD (except for the no Paladin/Monk multiclassing bit). It is specifically stated there that they are not the same.

Those are the rules of Neverwinter Nights, not the rules of D&D.

Apparently, NWN was made according to the rules as envisioned by the makers of D&D (except for the no Paladin/Monk multiclassing bit and the virtual feats bit).

-Hyp.

Shin Okada

Explorer
Just some ideas,

How about a polearm user? Spear, Heavy Poleax, Dwarven Warpike, etc. Choose something which could be readied against charge. Then buy steadfast boots. With appropriate feats like Combat Reflex and Hold the Line, you can be a real guardian of entire party. Cleave work very well with those weapons, too.

It seems that there is no full-level cleric in your party. It is always good to have a pure cleric.

There is no fighter/mage type in your party. As your party already has 2 arcane casters, you may make heavily melee-oriented fighter/mage build which uses Arcane Strike feat or Wraithstrike spell intensively.

Warlock could be another option. That class is not as versatile as other spell casting classes. But good at fighting. As your party already has enough spellcasters, you can go for it.

If allowed, large race such as Half-Ogre could be quite different from other characters, too.

As your party already has enough characters, you can always enjoy to be a monk or bard :p

Edit: And, as your party is relatively big, a character who can enhance entire party, such as bard, marshal, outcast champion, etc., could be really good, too.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Caeleddin said:
And none of us is playing DnD. Just xxxxx Campaign.

Perhaps. But what does that have to do with "It is specifically stated in 3.0 that it is not the same"?

I've given you a 3E quote specifically stating that it is. You'll find similar language in Sword and Fist, for example. I'm looking forward to seeing your specific quote from the core rules, though.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf said:
Those are the rules of Neverwinter Nights, not the rules of D&D.

NWN (@Bioware) is my "home" message board. NWN is a ~3.0 game, which actually included certain 3.5 rules before 3.5 did (specifically, I'm looking at Weapon Finesse).

That being said, its faithfulness to 3.0 rules is ... shaky ... at best, especially in terms of skill and feat interaction.

Caeleddin

First Post
Eltern - Give me an idea what you would like to play. Fighter-type. Ftr/Wiz type, etc. If you want a fighter that can do a bit of other stuff, take Psychic Warrior. Decent hps, BAB, etc. And you get to have a huge hp score due to Psi Body, which will allow you to walk in the front ranks. Best of all, you can heal yourself if wounded, giving the cleric something else to do.

Just for you, I'll put the two idiots on ignore as the mods here- nevermind the rest of that statement. Not worth talking about fools. They'll only beat you with experience.

Remove ads