Help me make a combat teleporter without psionics

Iku Rex

Explorer
Nice to hear how the character actually worked out in play. Greatly appreciated. Any chance you could post/edit the final character (looks like you made some minor changes to the one you posted) and give us a few more updates like this as the game progresses?

(PS: Starting a spellcaster in a closed off area, gagged, alone with a melee monster = evil. :lol: )

*Doh* I jus could't read the last few posts...

I'm certain this is nowhere near what you are looking to play, but I'll throw it out there.

You want free action teleports at will, I can give it to you in just 3 easy steps. :D

Step one, be a Mindflayer.

Step to, take the Illithid savant PrC.

Step three, eat a Blink dog.

Last edited:

Cadfan

First Post
You could have just played a shadowcaster, and taken the mystery "flicker." It lets you teleport short distances as an immediate action, even in response to attacks (creating a 50% miss chance). Its a duration spell, and you can flicker once per round while its active.

If you don't want to be a shadowcaster, you want to use melee, there's always the shadowsmith PRC, which will get you to the same place, and has full BAB. It gets one path worth of mysteries.

Or, depending on how your DM interprets the language of the feat, there's a Sun School feat or something that has a prereq of monk levels, but which lets you attack once immediately after using dimension door to appear adjacent to an opponent. Take just enough levels in monk to qualify, then head for horizon walker.

That one is questionable on the wording though. There's a distributed adjective in the language that could be read to either permit or not permit this use.

Remove ads