• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me make WotC adventures better.

ourchair

First Post
So... have the adventures improved?

I'd really like to know, in the wake of HS1 Slaying Stone and any new adventures being pumped out through Dungeon.

nedjer

Adventurer
I have a few ideas for improving WotC adventures. First off, the gaming population is mature. I wish WotC adventures dealt with more adult themes. I'm not talking about centerfold handouts, but adult themes - the equivalent of an HBO series - would be greatly appreciated. I'm an adult. I can handle adult themes like torture, rape, homosexual characters and sexuality. Think Dragon Age. We don't see these types of subjects broached due to the terms of the GSL. If a 3PP could have their license revoked at any time, they aren't going to push the boundaries.

Why stop there; throw in more 'adult' themes like ~examples removed under the grandma rule~.

Then there can be exactly three of you sitting in your bathchairs playing 'adult games' 14, while the nurses spit in your food.

Last edited by a moderator:

For those criticising the Wizards adventures, have you yet played the Paragon adventures?

No experience with paragon adventures except Revenge of the Giants. One read through was enough to convince me to avoid them.

~ edited out quote from nedjer, since the original post was edited ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Grymar

Explorer
This thread deserves to be stickied.

TONS of good input here. This is the most valuable thread I have read on ENworld to date

Agreed. I've learned more about managing encounters, maps and adventures in my own campaign in this thread than just about any other.

Of course it has eaten up most of my day getting through it all, so don't tell my boss.

Festivus

First Post
I can't help but think that a few of the improvments seen in the latest adventure could have come from here. Howling Stone has smaller maps on the pages, in non-linear, had some motivations and pecking orders, etc. If you are listening still, thank you!

Imaro

Legend
So... have the adventures improved?

I'd really like to know, in the wake of HS1 Slaying Stone and any new adventures being pumped out through Dungeon.

I will say that I think so. I haven't finished reading through HS1 yet but with what little I have read...I already like it 100 times more that KotS.

Rechan

Adventurer
I can't help but think that a few of the improvments seen in the latest adventure could have come from here. Howling Stone has smaller maps on the pages, in non-linear, had some motivations and pecking orders, etc. If you are listening still, thank you!
You mean Slaying stone?

Remove ads