The Ale-ful Truth
The Broken Ax
The Guilded Axe
Shorty's Place
Too-Tall's Tavern

Cyronax

Explorer
Keep them coming!!

Wow that was a better response than I'd expected!! Great suggestions! Maybe I'll let this thread ride for awhile, and grab these cool ideas. I already saw three ideas that I thought were really great, but I won't say which ones those were for awhile. I just "de-lurked", so this is my first long-running thread....cool.

Thanks for all the names,
C.I.D.

P.S. I can say this at least, I cannot in good conscience drop a hopefully major tavern into my campaign named the Crooked Shaft (cool name though :) )! I think I'll save that name for some time when the party's in some "random" village on their way to someplace else.

Cyronax

Explorer
here's my 2 favorites!

Well I read through the names, and I was trying to think of the kind of feel I wanted for the tavern. Since I have a kind of silly tavern theme with the Miserable Mind Flayer, which tends to attract weird travellers anyway, I wanted the dwarven tavern to have a cool but not to flashy name.

Thanks to everyone who contributed a name, but I think I liked Darraketh's Idle Hammer the best. It sets the tone for what I want the tavern to be, namely the social area of the dwarves of Brodin. The other name I liked was the Salt House. That had a cool flavour to, but I think the Idle Hammer wins out in the end. Thanks Darraketh!!

C.I.D.

Last edited:

Darraketh

First Post
I am sooo happy!

Thank you, thank you. First I'd like to thank my producer Morrus for giving me the opportunity to appear in his wonderful production of "the Messageboard." I'd also like to thank my director Cyronax for his efforts toward encouraging and developing new talent in the field of "Interpretive Dwarf Tavern Naming.":D

Now I gotta change my sig! woot!

Remove ads